Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Next Iron Chef Show

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
By chance did anyone else see this week's Iron Chef America? It's the one Iron Chef Cat Cora and challenger Chef Paul Miranda had to use bourbon in their dishes.

More specifically, Makers Mark bourbon.

It was actually a pretty good show given the amount of work that had to be done in less than an hour. Hectic, for sure, like most of them.

What struck me was how they used bourbon in everything, including ice cream. And lots of it, especially marinades with nothing but bourbon or with other ingredients. The food looked delicious.

I love the flavor of bourbon in food but both chefs took it to new heights. I may watch it again.

Spring "Coop de la Bourbon" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• I'll drink to that !! Makers of course.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I really meant to watch that one but we were attending a grand-daughters birthday/Haloween party.
    I will catch the re-run :lol:
    I wrote, but have not heard back B)
  • Goody
    Goody Posts: 102
    I thought it was one of the best Iron Chefs they have done. I definitely want to get some of those recipes Cat Core did. That flank steak would be awesome on the egg. The chicken wings that she de-boned and basically turned into sausage by stuffing it looked interesting and could work well on the egg. I really thought that BBQ sauce looked good and to top it all off, that apple tart looked perfect! So want to try everything she did on the egg!
  • Goody
    Goody Posts: 102
    Almost forgot, what about that potato waffle cake served under a piece of bourbon marinaded beef. Many I got to go to her webpage and get those recipes. They said at the end of the show they were available!