Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Keeping the Pizza Right

Options
fishinjdb
fishinjdb Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think that I have got the pizza/dough/cook finally figured out. Last nights pies were great. One thing left that is bothering me:

What is a good way to keep the first pie (without eating it) warm and "right" while I prepare and cook the second? I am looking for exact directions. I have tried sticking it in the oven for a while with less than desireable results.

Comments

• Essex County
    Options
    The best you can do is to slow down the cooling process without letting the cheese dry out (in the oven) or the crust to steam up (in a cooler). You could ask your local pizzeria for a couple of boxes, or just buy one and try to keep it intact. The cardboard box is perfect for keeping the pizza warm for a short time. Another idea: have a heated stone sitting on your cutting block to keep it warm.

These are just ideas. I've never had this problem. We eat 'em as we make 'em and/or just keep eating the room temp pizzas as the new ones come out.
  • Ozarkshooter
    Options
    Exact directions?....get a second egg!!! B) I'll cook one on the med and xl at the same time.

But, seriously (o.k. I was somewhat serious though) when we have a pizza party, everyone starts digging in as soon as the first one comes off. We can't wait for a second one to cook! :)
  • fishinjdb
    Options
    I will try the box, we may have to adjust our habits - i.e. eat 'em as they are done!
  • fishinjdb
    Options
    The second egg is in the plans, just not quite yet.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    fishingdb, you can remove the finished pizza about one minute before you normally would if you were eating it right away. Keep it elevated on a pizza screen so that the bottom doesn't steam. Then, when ready to eat, pop it back on the egg for another minute or so to re-heat & you're ready to go. You can have a pile of these things stacked up on screens all ready for a quick blast; I've done this before with pretty good results
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • fishinjdb
    Options
    Thanks Zippylip! It is odd that I think beer tastes good too, come to think of it - it makes me feel good as also.