Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking ahead...

SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,500
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Getting psyched for the knee replacement surgery on Thursday (28th) and did some cooking today to have a few meals put away for the first few days back from the hospital.

The first is a Guinness Beef Stew that we saw on Diners, Dives & Drive-ins a couple weeks ago...got the recipe off of Food Network and made a couple "modifications"...here is the stew meat being browned in the DO (this is after it marinated for about 3 hours in a Guinness, soy sauce, garlic, onion, dijon mustard mixture)...
S102410-01.jpg

After browning the meat then added 2 bottles of Guinness, carrots & potatoes (the original recipe only had carrots)...right after the Guinness...
S102410-02.jpg

This simmered for 3 hours to get the meat VERY tender...also added some frozen peas at the end...ready to come off the Egg...
S102410-03.jpg

And of course a close up...
S102410-04.jpg

It smelled so good that we decided to make this our supper...also did a Pillsbury French Loaf cut into six pieces (more crusty stuff that way)...
S102410-07.jpg

Next was a couple of Peking Chickens...a couple of roasters stuffed with apple slices and ginger slices...then rubbed with ground pepper and soy sauce...first cook breast side down for 45 minutes at 400...just put on the Egg...
S102410-08.jpg

After 45 minutes, flip to breast side up and go another 45 minutes at 400...finished product...
S102410-11.jpg

These will be shredded to make a couple meals later this week or first of next week.

Not sure if I will cook anything else before Thursday as all three evenings are very busy getting work (visits with my kids) done before taking off for at least 3 weeks. I will post sometime on Thursday evening (the hospital has free WiFi) about how the surgery went.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments