Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fun Night

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Calzone with tomatoes, onion, fatty, and motz. This was fantastic! Good thing cause my guests thought I've lost my mind with all the eggs....hahaha....welcome to my world! :whistle:

001-34.jpg

005-23.jpg

013-18.jpg

Personalized rubs and sauce

014-16.jpg

035-5.jpg

052-3.jpg

Also got some grapes from the neighbor. Any ideas on what to do with them?

062-3.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    It does look like a fun night. That calzone would fill me up alone (as long as I didn't have to share ;) )
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Looks DE LI CIOUS Molly, makes me laugh how the rest of the world thinks we're mad...the eggs, the photos, the show... :laugh: , About grapes with nuts, a nice strong cheese & crakers.. ;)
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    The calzone looks killer. Glad you had fun.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Homemade wine,grape jelly.The Zone looks FAB!!! ;)
  • Egglectic
    Egglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Wow Molly! The calzone looks perfect! as does everything else. Your guest were very lucky. Were the tomato's and onions raw when you put them in and was that any particular kind of dough?

Some of these look pretty good Molly, I have never tried any of them but thought they looked interesting. Many call for seedless grapes but if yours have good flavor I wouldn't sweat the difference.

Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs with Grape Salsa

grape and taleggio grilled cheese

Grilled Tuna Steaks with Grape and Caper Salsa

Quail Fricassee With Grapes And Almonds

Grilled Quail With Red Seedless Grapes

Grape Vanilla Salsa with Parmesian Crackers

Grilled Pork Chops with Grape and Fig Chutney

Salmon with Blueberry Grape Salad

Grape Chicken This one even calls for Dizzy Pig Seasoning! :)

Grape and Ricotta Pizza with Thyme, Bacon and Honey

Finger Lake Grape Bread Need to scroll down a little for this one.

Back when I was cooking I was given some really nice, big veal chops. I quickly pan seared them till golden brown and put them on a sheet pan in the oven to finish them off. While they finished I de-glazed the fry pan with some port wine, a spoonful of grape jelly, a pat or two of butter, a little S&P, a little fresh nut meg, all done by eye and to taste and simmered down to thicken and intensify a bit (a little red wine or balsamic vinegar or lemon juice might be good also). After it had simmered and shortly before serving I added the grapes sliced in half. I didn't want to cook them till they were all shriveled to nothing but left some freshness and plumpness to them and served the grape sauce over the chops. Served it with a wild rice mix and a veggie. :)

Blair

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    That looks very good Molly. I can only hope to become half as good as you. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Molly, you might want to call Egret for advice about the grapes. I've heard he was an expert! :woohoo:

Nice calzone and Broncos jersey! :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    and wine. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks, it was!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I'm thinking jelly for sure!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I agree, that's why I'm doing it again today..haha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks!!
    Nope, frozen bread dough. Easy and really good!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Raw toms and onions. Rhodes frozen bread dough. Thanks Blair for the recipes! The veal chops sound delish!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Dave!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Ha, that's right Rebecca...he is!! :laugh:
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    No mushrooms, Molly? :woohoo: :lol:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    shroom free home Julia...hahaha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Ahhh - good friends and good food! Doesn't get much better than that. My vote on the grapes - chill them and eat them - plain old grapes. :ohmy:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Molly,

Calzone looks like a real winner. ;) I'd toss those grapes in the freezer for an hour or two and snack on them later. but the boys and I love almost frozen grapes. They never really get hard like you'd think. give it a whirl
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Good cook Molly.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.