Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

They're Here!

Options
BigGreenGregg
BigGreenGregg Posts: 161
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After seeing Molly's green chile I said I was buying the dutch oven. Found a deal on Wally World dot com for a 6.5 and 3.5 qt Tramontina enameled CI. Arrived today:

IMG00280-20101015-2026.jpg

Thinking the color fits well with the egg, no? :cheer:

Can't wait to try the DO recipes you all have shown here. And still searching for an old school, non enamel DO - craigslist, garage sale etc. You are out there and I will find you!

Comments

• WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    Congrats on the purchase. I have used mine for pulled pork stew several times.
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Great pots - and they WILL color-coordinate very nicely! :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Awesome!! I found 10 different sizes at on second hand store. Keep looking Greg!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Always fun to get new toys.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • SilverBack
    Options
    I just spent some time browsing your blog - thanks for all the great BGE recipes and info!

I do have a question: In all your wok pictures, I see you haven't cut the long handle off the wok, so I assume you're woking with the BGE lid opened. Is there any chance of damaging the BGE by cooking that way, and/or is there a "safe" time limit that shouldn't be exceeded with the lid open?

Thanks again for the great recipes!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Ron, There is no harm cooking with the lid open. When wokking on the egg, it is a very quick cook. No time limit either.
    Wok on!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SilverBack
    Options
    Thanks Molly - that's good to know!