Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pressure cooker advice

Options
2»

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    him and a bunch of others.. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    wait. are you saying the trevor davies that ran the i heart pressure cooking site, and posted recipes here as a member, also has a C.V. posted on a website for a prominent Canadian University (which you mentioned by name), with his photograph and email address?

why would that be interesting to anyone here?

just FYI, there are a couple of guys with that name. you should know that the Climate Change guru (East Anglia)and a Captain in the royal marines also have that name, but do not (as far as I know) own a BGE.

I wonder... if my name were trevor, and i frequented many forums, including one about dragion art (?!?!!), what handle might i go by that used many of the same letters in my first name? T, E, V,.... hold on... it's coming to me.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    a little late to the party
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Well, I wasn't 100% sure - you said he owned an egg. That threw me a bit. :laugh: :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Prius, that is the high efficiency car. Does Tarrenton ring a bell?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I thought that was the CA car?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    Options
    on of his posts says "eggs"

hahaha
    desperate need to be accepted. he has a typical forum M.O., an example: audi forum; "hey guys, i might get a prius. any tips?".

then, following a minor disagreement, they b!tch slap him. ired, he tries to destroy them with math and arch superiority, 'proving' their stupidity. he berates them and gets an A3 to spite them. then he joins the Audi forum....

is there such a thing as socially antisocial ?
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    little baking soda and water and they would have been good as new :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    stike wrote:
    arch superiority, socially antisocial

Works for me. :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Geeze....pussyfoot around much?
  • stike
    Options
    Well. Judging from the number of emails I have here from people asking who we are talkngabout, I'm guessing some folks need a little help

way to parachute in at the end, by the way
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I was busy.

So, who are you talking about, anyway?
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I ONLY have a pressure canner,not cooker.It CAN(pun intended) be used as a pressure cooker.I have not used it for that purpose Yet! It is an All American,built like a tank! My Dad's womanfriend has an electric pressure cooker that she raves over.I'm sure it is a Wolfgang Puck electric pressure cooker.BTW,I have not read the other threads so if I'm being redundant please forgive me. B)
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    I own more than a dozen pressure cookers from 4-22qt. I collect them. Most are pre WWII National Presto jiggle tops. I own a 7qt Kuhn Rikon and would not buy any other 'second generation' cooker. They are worth the money for ease of operation alone, safety features are a bonus.
    A 6qt as a first cooker is a good choice. It is big enough for stocks and stews and meals for a family. I further recommend Lorna Sass as a PC cookbook author. I would jump at the 6qt for a hundred bucks.
  • mcook
    mcook Posts: 14
    Options
    I have used pressure cookers for thirty years, on boats and at home.

My current one is the digital 6-quart Fagor Electric Multicooker. Slow cooker, rice and hi/lo pressure cooker. It runs off wall current and independent of the stove. Beans in six minutes, one-pot one-step baked beans (from dried beans). I start with dried beans, never soak - too much hassle. The key to barkless beans is beans every other day, daily yogurt or Beano.

The other great thing about this unit is the cooking pot is lightweight, my last one weighed about 5-lbs.

Fagor Electric Multi-Cooker
    Item #: 24531/0600 $119.99
    Shipping & Handling: $.00
    Bought it at www.chefscatalog.com
    www.fagoramerica.com