Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket question?

Options
BullyQue
BullyQue Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have noticed that my gasket has a small gap where gasket met on both the top and bottom. It is about a 1/8-1/4 gap. Is there a way to fill this small gap in with something. Was this caused by shrinking due to heat?

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

If there were no gap when you first got the egg than yes, it was shrinkage. On one of my eggs the factory just did a poor job and left a 1/4" gap in the top and bottom gasket. I had some spare gasket material and just cut a patch and placed it in the gap. I would think your dealer would have a short piece of gasket they might give you if you want to patch the gap.

I have had problems when there has been a gap where the gasket starts/stops.

GG
  • Reeltachy
    Options
    Is it a nomex gasket? If it is, they need to be pre-shrunk prior to installing. If not, just patch it and you'll be fine to replacement time.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Nope, felt is working fine for me.

GG