Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Menu Item For McDonalds

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Gee, what a misteak!! 8 - )
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Not really a new item, just full disclosure of the menu item. :woohoo:
  • What would you expect from uneducated broken-english speeking illegal immagrant. The poor high school kids today can't get a job at fast food place due to the flood.
  • the average high school "American" (i.e. USA) graduate reads at or below the 6th grade level

the US education drop-out rate is about 50% -- 55% in my state

the "American" people are more interested in the "easy" way than the "working hard" way of making a buck...
  • Would you like to super size that today?
    :ohmy:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Ron - The irony in your post is positively delicious.

You complain about the uneducated yet you misspell a number of words and end your question with a period. You could also benefit from a bit more liberal use of the comma key. I just find it funny.
  • I agree, but heaven forbid that we pay teachers according to the quality of the product they produce. And the politicians swing the budget axe at education every time there is a shortfall. But the can muster 3.5 million for a senate campain in my state and there not done spending yet.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    siks yeers ego i cant evin spel eg an know i ar won?
  • teachers have become proxy parents...

children come to school lacking sleep, adequate nutrition, and parental support for a "good" education...

teachers are forced to "teach to the test" (thanks to [m]ister Bush), and not to what is necessary to succeed

BTW, did you read Fidel's comment?
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Blame it on the manager!
  • Yes, that what I get for typing without my glasses and proofreading before hitting the submit button.
  • i'd bet my left one that a corporation as large as mcdonald's isn't going to be stupid enough to be hiring illegal "immagrants".

and i'd go so far as to say that if they got rid of every single illegal who is working here, you would be hard pressed to find one natural born citizen who would gladly take their job. you know anyone willing to become a migrant fruit picker?

i don't see many so-called real jobs being filled by illegal aliens anyway. hear any stories of thousands of mexican doctors sneaking around infiltrating the surgery suites in hospitals across the US, taking jobs from legal residents and citizens?

i'm worried less about illegals taking jobs than i am about 'real' americans being lazy and ignorant. we ought to aspire to engineering jobs, research, development, creating new technologies, advancing science, medicine, etc.

i don't lament the loss of tech support jobs to india, or complain that a Guatemalan guy feeding an entire family back home, by working as a seasonal landscape laborer, has "stolen' a job from a natural born american. those aren't the jobs i want for my kids.

and i agree with fidel, it's interesting that you rail against a single spelling error, implicating illegal immigrants (?!?), indicting the system (and by extension, all of us i guess), and then make as bad (or worse) spelling and grammar errors yourself.
  • be careful, apparently that is the sign of an illegal immagrant. you are excused for the spelling error, but the guy who put up the sign is obviously an immigrant idiot. :whistle:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Ron,

Do you have a problem with Canadians or what. Some of us can speek English real good. We misspell a lot of words though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Steven, we loves y'all from up there. Y'all share La Bomba. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: See you folks at O-fest 2011, I prey. :):):) Tell Norma I said Duhuh.
  • Fidel
    winemaker ron wrote:
    I agree, but heaven forbid that we pay teachers according to the quality of the product they produce. And the politicians swing the budget axe at education every time there is a shortfall. But the can muster 3.5 million for a senate campain in my state and there not done spending yet.

Do some research before you just spout off party talking points. Adjusted for inflation the dollars spent per student in the current year is higher than any other time. Yes, in general (I understand there are some exceptions) school districts spend more per student today than they did in previous years, and exponentially more than in previous generations.

Doesn't exactly support your "budget axe" theory, does it?
  • Fidel
    Humphrey - it appears eyeglasses prevent one from making unsupported leaps of logic and leaping to conclusions.
  • Fidel
    Yes, it is the manager's fault that some kids rode by at 3am and stole the "G" off the sign to make a funny.
  • 2Fategghead
    From my point of view there is little room for the G on the first line. If so, it looks like the words would all run together.
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    the big companies use staffing agencies who accept fake SS cards. It's not that difficult frankly; Florida is full of this kind of employment, I wouldn't bet any body parts, you might lose them where hiring practices exist around migrants.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Dang Rod. It was good of you to get your workers to go change that sign so quickly. It takes my gas station workers at least a half a day just to change the price of gas. Even then it is wrong on diesel and kerosene most of the time!

p.s. can you get the cigar guy from the Ryder Cup to make a cameo?
  • 2Fategghead
    Hey that is pretty good Rod. :unsure:
  • McD's is not KNOWINGLY going to expose themselves to the publicity that would result from systematic hiring of illegals. there may very well be examples, but the leap of logic this guy made (that an error on a sign means the person was an illegal immigrant employed by McDonald's) says way more about our friend than it does about McD's or the state of the immigration and education 'crisis'.

i frankly saw it as a damn good possibility that whomever took the pic could have simply taken the 'g' off the sign themselves and then snapped the photo.

nah scratch that. probably yet another wetback. or a canadian.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Freakin Canadians

Steve 

Caledon, ON