Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Green Chili

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, now I've done it. Smoking the pork took my usual green chili over the top!!! Seriously wicked delicious!!
So you all saw the pork on Sat. morn. (if not find it cause it's pretty)
Start with onions, saute.

002-25.jpg

Add chilis and garlic

003-25.jpg

004-19.jpg

A few tomatoes

005-18.jpg

a few more for good measure ;)

014-12.jpg

006-16.jpg

add pork and almost half cup flour. Brown that for a bit

008-18.jpg

010-19.jpg

Add water, oregano and a dash of chicken base

011-14.jpg

013-15.jpg

015-13.jpg

016-11.jpg

Let it do it's thing for an hour or so. Beans are almost done.

018-8.jpg

Semi smashed

021-5.jpg

Plated.

022-5.jpg

So dang good!! :)
Welcome fall!!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Tis the season for green chili, Molly! :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Put me down for a couple of bowls please.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Looks fantastic!
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks amazing Molly :)
    Cold and crappy here today, a bowl of chili would be perfect :)

Shane
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Outstanding Molly, almost makes me look forward to cold weather! :laugh:
  • This is a good reason to cook more more butts than you need........green chili for later
  • cookn biker
    Yes it is Rebecca!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Looks like it turned out great, and I knew it would. Wish I was there to taste it! (xcept it's already too cold there for me ~ Brrr!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Darlin', that looks absolutely WONDERFUL! I should have known not to doubt you! :blush:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    What the hell are you doubting me for....I do that enough for the both of us! :laugh: :whistle: :silly: :)
    I was going to send you some......
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Come and get it Mickey!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Teresa!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    This is my best!
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    You're sending me a bowl of that delicious looking stuff?! Cool!! You can keep the avocados though. hahahaha

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    I agree Frank!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Now I know John....haha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    Damn that looks good, got some "Big Jims" ground up out in the freezer, that is on to do list, :)
  • That does it! I'm buying the Dutch Oven tomorrow!!!

Great looking cook!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Molly that looks terrific, yummmmmmmmm, normally I like my whole beans with a bit of EVOO on top as I'm about to eat them...heve you ever had them like that?
  • cookn biker
    I have and just didn't this time around.
    My best as far as the chili goes!
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Molly,

Very nice! Beauty pics.What kind of chilis?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Hatch hot and 2 jalaps from my neighbor.
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • :laugh:
    see what a long weekend thru NM and TX can do for ya!!
    good lookin grub :woohoo:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Beli I do beans, onion,and cornbread mixed togather with a touch of balsamic vinegar on it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    Time for another long weekend SOON!!! :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  •  
    Great post Molly, your photography is fantastic!

Blair

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Thanks Molly. Looks wonderful. :) I have to go eat something, I have been working all day.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • cookn biker
    Thanks a bunch Blair!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Eat Dave then put your feet up! ;)
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"