Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bird is cooking REALLY quickly!

Options
Pigasso
Pigasso Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been in the egg for 1 hour. Breast temp at 127, thigh same temp. I moved the probe for the guru to the wing of the bird thinking that may be a more accurate place. I have covered the breast and legs with foil as they are alrady toasty brown. Please see my post below with regards to grid/dome temp![p]Gobble!

Comments

• PCO3
    PCO3 Posts: 50
    Options
    Pigasso,
    I had the same thing happen to me last year. I got worried but the bird was done in a little more than 3 hours. Bird was between 15 and 20 lbs. Threw my timing off, so bird rested in oven until it was ready to serve. Bird was still excellent.

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Pigasso,[p]So is mine. 140 in the breast after 1.5 hrs (14 lb turkey). But, two factors here: [p]1) I spatchcocked this sucker - I imagine it should cook faster that way[p]2) While cleaning up glass all over my kitchen floor from a wine glass I dropped, my dome temp crept up to 360 and was probably there for at least 15 minutes.[p]Oh well, if it's done early, I suggest the same thing I'm probably going to do - wrap lightly with foil and stick Mr. T in the oven.[p]Good luck![p]TRex