Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

venison link sausage

Metalhead
Metalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anyone ever grill venison link sausage? I'm slightly afraid that it would dry out. I had sauteed a link or 4 last night with EVOO, butter, yellow n red peppers, and onions. Put it on a hoagie bun, accompanied by a miller lite and I was good to go. I have a couple of packs of this tasty meat left and would love an idea or 3. :lol:

Comments

• jetmech
    jetmech Posts: 75
    I used to grill it all the time, never had it dry out. It seemed to cook a bit quicker due to it being leaner but it more or less depended on who processed it for me. I have not had any made since I got my BGE, but cooking on some of the other POS grills I've had, I'd say you're fine
  • jetmech
    jetmech Posts: 75
    I used to grill it all the time, never had it dry out. It seemed to cook a bit quicker due to it being leaner but it more or less depended on who processed it for me. I have not had any made since I got my BGE, but cooking on some of the other POS grills I've had, I'd say you're fine
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    well Jetmech....the next time I decide to cook it I will try the grill method. My bro in law had the meat processed at some place east of Atlanta and they did damn near the whole deer in link sausage. Pretty darn good too. Thanks for the response. I don't have much eggsperience with venison.....so I appreciate it. :)
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Jan, I like to make nachos with mine. Slice about ¼” thick, place on a Dorito, cover with your favorite cheese and a jalapeno slice. Put on raised grid at 350 till cheese melts.
    I grill whole links all the time and have no problem with drying out. I make my venison sausage a 50/50 mix of wild pork and venison so it will tend to be a little juicy. A lite basting with your favorite BBQ sauce while grilling seems to help also.
    Good luck, Popsicle
    Willis Tx.