Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE @ Hearth Manor Mississauga!

Options
RGBHV
RGBHV Posts: 1,318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was a rainy day at the Hearth Manor in Mississauga but Tim (GOV) was cooking up a storm.

DSC01650.jpg

Back Bacon:
DSC01651.jpg

Wings:
DSC01652.jpg (almost done)

Turkey:
DSC01653.jpg (getting there)

And chicken cordon bleu on Le grand oeuf vert!

Tim's a trooper - he was out there in the rain with Virginia and a small audience. Maybe your next demo in Mississauga will be at a bigger dealer!

Michael

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Michael,

Man I hate that plaza. It's the one with allthe high end home stores isn't it? What did Tim do? Stuff the chicken with cheese and ham?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RGBHV
    Options
    You're right, there are a few high end stores (and a few empty stores these days) - I must say though, our kitchen designer is in that plaza, there's a great tile place and Deblins has some really nice linens if you're willing to open your wallet. And there's a good fish restaurant there - Walkers Fish Market. It's fairly new!

I felt sorry for Tim as he was slugging it out there in the rain and I'll bet he had 5 people stop by for a bite. Their didn't seem to be too much interest from the clientele or the dealer.

Did you ever order the lump? I think I've got 1 bag left so if you're not getting some any time soon, I'll swing by Nella and get some lump.

Michael
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Michael,

Thanks for sharing. Tim's a cooking machine indeed...Hope he gets a week day off in lieu of cooking almost every Saturday :P

Gary
    canuckland
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Tim's job is to cook on eggs. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RGBHV
    Options
    He better get a day off in lieu for cooking on a Saturday. I know he loves the egg, but fair is fair!

It's got to be disappointing when you cook for hours only to share with a few people. Hell we have dinner parties than the audience he got today! I'm sure it's not always like that.

Michael
  • RGBHV
    Options
    LMAO !

And the lump?

Michael
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Do I see giant supermodel posters in that linens place's windows? :whistle:
    canuckland
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I haven't heard back from the Ottawa guys for sure.I'll do a post through the week. If I get more than a pallet,I have a shed that I can store it in.You could pick it up at your leisure

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RGBHV
    Options
    LMK - I'll probably have to buy some next week as I've got 1 bag left and I'll probably blow through that tomorrow. The boys are having a "combined" birthday party with 20 or so of the closest friends and I'm making Zah.

Michael
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Norma picked a couple of bags of ML for me yesterday and it was unbelievably bad. Like gravel and I had to refill today. Biggest piece was the size of a tennis ball.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Thanks for the post Michael! He is very much a trooper. What a tuff gig, huh?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • RGBHV
    Options
    GOV and Virginia dropped by after the demo cook.

He says after I left they sold 1 small egg and had some more inquiries so maybe it wasn't a complete loss.

Michael
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's cool!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE