Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All you 'Loney' Kings and Queens,what's the deal?

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I've now seen a couple of tag lines that refer to the 'loney' and cookn biker mentioned after I'd done fatties - that next it would be the 'loney'!

So tell me all about it - what's the magic of bologna on the Egg?

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    The deal is when you cook/smoke bologna on the egg, and you take that first bite you think wow, this is pretty good. Unfortunately about 2 bites later you are thinking, nah it's still just f***ing nasty boloney!
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    Bacchus wrote:
    The deal is when you cook/smoke bologna on the egg, and you take that first bite you think wow, this is pretty good. Unfortunately about 2 bites later you are thinking, nah it's still just f***ing nasty boloney!

LMAO... this actually made me laugh out loud... haha
    context is important :)
  • NotabuttDave
    Options
    Bacchus wrote:

Oh NO,NO,NO!

After 2 bites, I think, DANG ITS ALL GONE, I WISH I HAD MADE MORE!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    You'll have to ask Pork Butt Mike. ;) or Richard :whistle:
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    The egg :woohoo: , the smoke :woohoo: , sweet juicy smokey Loney don't see how ya can't like it. :)
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Bacchus
    Options
    I guess if you sliced it really thin, and put it on a sandwich with some bacon, lettuce, & tomato....it might not be hurl inducing. B)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Funny :P
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    That is the same thing I say when I eat lamb....fricking nasty lamb... :pinch: :blink: :huh: :S
  • vidalia1
    Options
    That is the same thing I say when I eat lamb....fricking nasty lamb... :pinch: :blink: :huh: :S
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Yep I dislike it so much I posted it twice...LOL :woohoo: :lol: :P :)

Stupid back button.... :laugh: :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Try it you might like it. Tim :P :)
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    Dont be a hater :unsure: :whistle: ! Bologna is one of those things that I search out (very few bbq places in Texas carry it - but big in OK). If I find a good balony, I go back!
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Had some at the minifest and can provide an update. Find Kim, make sure he has a good bologna, then have him smoke it on the egg, slice it thin, fry it in butter. Then it's edible.

Doug
  • Bacchus
    Options
    LOL..."slice thin and fry in butter". Maybe rub it down with sugar to. Ooh and perhaps baste it with some strawberry jam, and then drizzle with chocolate syrup. Then I'd eat it.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    There is only one LONEY King and one Queen, however we have several members of the court and are always seeking more members.
    Somehow in '06 at the Florida Ocala fest I took some LONEY and served as a snack, this happened each Florida fest since.
    Also Eggtoberfest '08 there was LONEY available and HOSS also had some. What has evolved is that , if you choose, you have to come up with a LONEY cook on BGE more creative the better the judges will favor your appointment to the court of LONEYHEADS. You need to post the cook on the forum and then if eggcepted as original the court will decide if you get a LONEY pin from HOSS and then the court will choose a title for you or you may submit your own. LONEY has to be part of the title and once approved has to be posted in your signature for all to see. . The theme is the English courts and Knights of the round chub (table). Ladies are Ladies in waiting to the Queen.

Our latest inductee. 2fateggtim

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=957452&catid=1

Yes Pork Butt Mike is an honorable inductee but he has decided against posting in his signature "The Loney court Jester" but he only eats Boars Head Loney as demonstrated at the Florida Mini Fest a few weeks ago.

Come join us in the LONEY Court.

LOONEYTUNESKINGDSCN0039.jpg
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    oh. my. GOD! Are you serious?!

fred_sanford_the_big_one.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Even though I would rather have a nice steak...Duh..sometimes a slab of loney smoked and fried for lunch ain't all that bad. :P Actually pretty good. I even eat at Mickey d's at times. :ohmy:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Why don't you do that dish and then we can call you "The Chocolate LONEYhead" or "The Sweet LONEYhead"
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    He is VERY serious :angry:
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Thanks Doug...I must say it was pretty darn good.... ;) :P
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Kim, are ya kidding? it was very very good and thank you for cooking it. :)
    JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Bacchus
    Options
    So the rumors are true, you are a member of the "Loney Nation", "Team Loney", "Loneypalooza".....?
  • NotabuttDave
    Options
    I've been a loney lover for over 50 years.

Fried with some onion.

Rolled with mustard (Baloney Surprise)

Smoked

Today, I went wild. I coated 3/8" pieces with mustard, rubbed with Dizzy Dust. One piece was finished with BBQ sauce.

I'm livin large boys.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Ron,

Think you just transgressed the unwritten law! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steve

The KING of Curry B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON