Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Misippi Egger? Rebels and Grove pics?

BBQMaven
BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well,
Were waiting!!!!
Kent Madison MS

Comments

• Hate to disappoint, but no pics taken!

The 'mighty' Rebs didn't look nearly as good as the score (55-38) reflected. :(
    The offensive line is scared to block and the defense - well the secondary and linebackers are asleep! Oh well, Kentucky next week, then we go on the road for tough SEC teams!

As we had to leave at about noon to head up for the game, I cooked Saturday morning. I liberally coated 6 salmon filets with Dizzy Pig Raging River and allowed them to rest for about a hour. Then grilled hot (450-500*) direct on the firering level with several handfuls of Alder wood for smoke. Tried to get a good crust on all sides. Cooked a box of Farfalle (bow-tie) pasta, and mixed up melted butter, Maple Syrup and a little light cream. PUt all in separate ziplocks and into the cooler. Heated the sauce in a small pan over a can of sterno, then poured over the pasta & crumbled salmon in a steamer pan. Everyone loved it (thanks Zippy Lip for posting the recipe).

The logistics of these tailgating cooks is challenging when cooking on-site is not allowed! Next week's game is at 11:21 am - another challenge!

Let us know if you are coming up next week.
  • BBQMaven
    Sounds so good...

As for next Saturday, well, it's my 28th anniversary... even though we were married in Oxford - just don't think that would be the place to take my best friend....

I'm thinking Fairhope....

Have a great day...
    Kent Madison MS
  • Congrats and have a great time!
  • Not trying to hijack the thread...just saw "the Grove" and "Rebels" and had to look and say hello.
  • BBQMaven
    Good to hear from you... it's a special place and fun to attend... like a big family... where are you?
    Kent Madison MS
  • Originally from the Delta in Clarksdale...living and working in Vicksburg now. I've been here since graduating in 2002.