Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5 lb Meatloaf

reccitron
reccitron Posts: 176
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was in the mood for meatloaf and Chili. I went to the store and bought 10 lbs of burger. I made a 5 lb meatloaf on the egg. I now have the chili on the egg with the other 5 lbs of burger.

Raw
dd4553d8.jpg

Finished

04d4b805.jpg

Comments

• Looks great and I love your quote.... 'In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem - Ronald Reagan: First Inaugural Address'
  • Looks tasty. How long did it need to cook?
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Dayum 5# . . . is that all ya made! :woohoo:
    Oughta be some great sammies later on! :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    That is a good looking meatloaf. What did you put in it?
    I also like your quote.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Le Oeuf Vert wrote:
    Looks tasty. How long did it need to cook?

I cooked it about 2 1/2 hours at 300 indirect. I pulled it when the center hit 160 but it turned out a little dry.
  • loco_engr wrote:
    Dayum 5# . . . is that all ya made! :woohoo:
    Oughta be some great sammies later on! :lol:

Yeah, I made extra so I could freeze and eat later.
  • Mickey wrote:
    That is a good looking meatloaf. What did you put in it?
    I also like your quote.

I just threw it together. Burger, Worcestershire, bread crumbs, onions, and Ketchup. I usually add egg but I didn't have any so I made it without.

I made a glaze of Ketchup, splenda and a little ground cayenne.