Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Lump Deal - Fort Worth, TX

Options
jdwhit
jdwhit Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've cooked my way through my supply of Lump. Now looking for best "value" (quality at a good/fair price) in the Fort Worth area. Looking to get a couple hundred pounds.

Comments

• Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    Not sure where to get that much in this area. But I did want to let you know about the Plano gathering of eggheads in November. Type in "plano" to search the forum for details.
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    I've never found discounts of any particular type here. I know sometimes the TX eggers put together a pallet of lump on special stuff, but it isn't my every day regular. Just isn't enough cost difference otherwise to fuss on it too much. Fuss on it? Did I just say that? I've been in Texas too long. But tweety is right..possibly there will be something put together for the Plano mini-fest.

mShark
  • SuperDave
    Options
    Have you tried B&B Lump ? It's made in Texas, and not too pricey. If you pick it up at the factory and purchase it by the pallet you get a better price. Just a suggestion.
    I haven't personally used it, no idea if it's a good deal or not. For my money, I go to Wal-Mart and pay $6.37 for 10 lbs of Royal Oak.... it's a good product, no complaints... just wished it was in 20 lb bags!
  • Fellow Traveler
    Options
    I am currently waiting on my first egg to arrive. I have been buying some items ahead of time. I have been doing business with a company in south Tarrant county called Gourmet Wood products. They sell BGE's as well as many different smoking woods by the cord. They have a house brand natural lump charcoal and I picked up my first two bags of it yesterday. It comes in #40 bags and costs $18.99. However I have never used this stuff before and only bought it yesterday. This place is loacted off of Forest Hill road about 4 or 5 miles south of I-20. The brand name on the charcaol was something like California Mesquite and it is made in Mexico. I will take a look at the bage when I get home.
  • Fellow Traveler
    Options
    I took another look at the bag and the brand name is "Chefs Delight Mesquite Charcoal" It is made in Mexico.