Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FoodSaver help!

Egg Master 3000
Egg Master 3000 Posts: 323
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All,

I want to invest in one of these and the wife has agreed :woohoo: but there are only about half a million of them it seems like! I can go up to around $200... so please help me with what is best...

Comments

• i took a hard look at what i needed it for, and it was basically long-term freezer storage of meats. i make a lot of bacon and sausage, and this thing is perfect for that.

also, small family, small portions, so i went with the 8" wide "FoodSaver" brand. got it on sale for $65 at Kophl's, who had the full gamut of their product, including the $200 versions in stainless.

i don't want crap on my counter, and the small one i got is small enough to go on a top shelf.

i also don't think i need any of the canisters or the marinade container. at the end of the day, those are little upselling aspects that i don't really need. your results may vary.

here>> FoodSaver Mini
  • I bought this one at Bed Bath and Beyond about a year ago and love it.
    DSCN3081.jpg
  • I have had a few Foodsaver sealers and they worked pretty good, but when the vaccumn starts not sucking very well, you can't get any parts. I ended up biting the bullet and got a Pro2300, the company that makes the stainless one that Cabelas sells. It is well worth the money and has more suction than all the others. I also buy my bags from them, they are cheap by buying bulk and they are better than the Foodsaver bags. Go to www.sealerbags.com and check it out, the units ship out of their factories in California and Ohio. It is a little expensive, at $400, but well worth it in my opinion.
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    I just bought one used on amazon for $65 arrived LIKE NEW and with a warranty card of which the company will accept (I called).

Works like a champ...no need to pay $200 or more, this company sends you parts and replacement units when you have problems too.

Smartseal technology exists on all models starting with V38Xx I believe.

Keep On Eggin'

I just noticed teh comments about not being able to get parts. I have a friend that has one and had a problem and they sent him parts at no charge. Their website is excellent and their phone service is better.

I called to tell them I was missing an adapter that would have cost $7.95 and they shipped it for free.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241