Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ghost Pepper wings @ Eggwego ~

Central IL Egger
Central IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My brother got me a bottle of ghost pepper sauce so I took it along as a conversation piece. The stuff is not even edible IMO, but people got a kick out of dabbing a little on a toothpick just to see what all the fuss was about. Tim and Seth were the brave (crazy) ones that attempted more than a dot of the stuff on the end of a toothpick. Here's the results:

th_VID_20100925_103457.jpg

Comments

• pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Thaugh I would see two guys with there heads in a bucket of water.
  • Next time I am going to trust you when you say this stuff is hot. What is the real scary thing is I looked up the Scoville score: Jalapeno = 8000, Scotch Bonnet = 325,000, Habanero = 575,000, THE Naga Jolokia "Ghost Pepper" = 1,041,000!
    :woohoo:
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    In Minnsota they have a challange called the ghost chili wings challange. Have to eat 6 ghost wings in 6 minutes with no beverages at the state fair. Usually draws a crowd when someone does the challange. You get the people who have one bite and quit. You also get the others who get wet glazed eyes and become really sweaty. I was able to eat the 6 wings in 48 seconds. Not much of a challange I thought. I went to the actual restraunt and tried the challange over again and wings won hands down. Must tame down the state fairs version. Had two wings out of six and was ready to cry like a school girl. The best way I can describe it was like it felt like the inside of your throat was cut up and bleeding. Unreal heat! Girlfriend had a half of a bite and had a upset stomach for the rest of the day. I usually enjoy eating blazin wings at Buffalo Wild Wings and have had 6 of the hottest wings Missouri had to offer without much trouble. Ghost chili pepper wings is like eating death!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • That stuff is no joke. Hats off to you two for taking that as well as you did. I bought it in Galena illinois at the Galena Canning Company for anyone wanting some of there own.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Man Vs Food 420 Cafe Hot Wings
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gsTxx2SuVk
    context is important :)
  • Mark beleive it or not you are not the first one to call me "crazy" :blink: :laugh: :blink:

Those were hot but in all fairnes we only had a couple drops of it on each wing. That is all it needed!
  • Holy crap, those wings were so hot they turned Seth blurry! No kidding, folks. My egg was next to Seth's at the fest, and he looked like that for the rest of the day. ;)