Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homesense - Lots of Cast Iron Stuff (Canada)

Options
Jasper
Jasper Posts: 378
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a heads up for any Canadians interested in picking up some good deals on some cookware. Homesense (and Winners) now has boat loads of cast iron cookware at decent prices. Enameled and non-enameled dutch ovens and casserole dishes. Lots of different colors!

They have Le Creuset (second choice), Le Cuistot, Cuisinart, and some other brand (Village I think). The Le Creuset dishes are apparently a good deal, $169 for a DO that usually costs over $400. They have other sizes too that start at $122, if I remember right.

I picked up two green Cuisinart enameled CI dishes, a 3qt for $40 and a 5qt for $60. Looks nice with the egg. B) Cooking a big pot of curry in the 5qt right now.

The other brands are priced about the same as the Cuisinart stuff. Just the Le Creuset dishes were expensive.

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Indeed, I saw them at the HomeSense on Yonge St across from Eaton Center.

Couple of weeks ago I picked up this 'last of a kind' 3.5" mini green enameled CI pot for $3 B) , perfect for warming up sauces.

silveregg.jpg

Gary
    canuckland
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    Options
    Yeah, that's the one I go to all the time during lunch. Lots of good deals on all kinds of stuff. I bought my 3qt there and got my 5qt at the Markville store. Found some neat spices at that one too in the clearance section.
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Jasper,

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to check out the local Home Sense.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital