Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggwego

Eggin in Peoria
Eggin in Peoria Posts: 262
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good times and great food today. Thanks to Floribunda for hosting and to all the folks who made some great food. Hope to see some of you folks in Peoria next year.
Tim and Cindi

Comments

• Teach42
    Teach42 Posts: 219
    Heard great things about Peoria! If I'd known people were doing the all night prep, I'd have found a way to make it there :)

Had a blast in Oswego today. Got some great pics, will post them later. Good food, even better company, thnsks for an eggcelent day!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Yes, Tim, Nancy threw ANOTHER wonderful egg party, didn't she? Thanks, Nancy!

BTW I caught this picture (from left to right) of you, Cindi, Glenda and Seth plotting early today just how hot (pepper-wise) you were going to make your items. Thankfully you and Seth accepted the challenge and kept it to yourselves! :laugh: You four really delivered some great food!
    IMG_1687.jpg

I also echo the invitation to the 9th annual Peoria Eggfest the first Saturday in June!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I sure had a great time. This was the first egg fest I had been to. Will not be the last. I learned a ton and had the ghost pepper sauce with Tim from the brothers down in the corner. After 12 minuets I climbed out of the fetal position to get some water. That stuff is hot! :evil:

Thanks to everyone who cooked and shared what they knew about cooking with the egg.

Speaking of eggs Scotts Scotch Eggs were great.

Seth -I loved the Devils on Horseback.

The Hawks had a tailgate in Oswego so did Purdue.

The brothers gave me my first taste of a fatty.

Mark had biscuits and the best fire extinguisher,

Ron's wings were awesome.

The home made pastrami and grilled romaine lettuce salad top notch.

The bunt cake ... hot and chocolate.

It was culinary heaven.
  • RRP
    I have now sent the recipe for the 72 Hour Georgia Red Wings to all who asked for it. If you didn't get it please email me. It will come in the morning...in the meantime I'm zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
  • Right on Ron, we had a really great time, too. LOVED the water hydrant that Mark had. What a great idea for potable water to clean between cooks! All of the food was great and we got to meet a lot of quality Eggers -
    IMG_20100925_125625.jpg
    IMG_20100925_124637.jpg
    IMG_20100925_123013.jpg
    IMG_20100925_122946.jpg
    IMG_20100925_121727.jpg
    IMG_20100925_102930.jpg

IMG_20100925_102534.jpg

IMG_20100925_100433.jpg

IMG_20100925_095105.jpg
    IMG_20100925_123106.jpg
  • Teach42
    Teach42 Posts: 219
    Love that last pic! Framed perfectly.

And that reminds me, I gotta go hunt me up some morels. That apron put the bug back in me for some steaks with morels cream sauce.
  • Had a blast also and can't wait for the next one.
  • RRP
    Here's the Helmuth brothers, Steve and Mark preparing their delicious fatties! They were very tasty!
    IMG_1685-1.jpg
  • I will definitely come to Peoria next year! Thanks for coming out to EGGwegoFest!
  • I didn't have time to ask for the recipe or taste them - but I heard everyone talking about how great they are - so please send me the recipe! Thanks, Nancy.
  • RRP
    Soungs GREAT, Nancy! Just so you can mark your calendar that will be the first Saturday in June so that's June 4, 2011. See ya there then - if not then again next September at your fest!
  • RRP
    you have email!
  • Steve and Mark,

You were telling me about someone on this forum that sells the therma pen for just us eggers. What was this persons info so that I may get in touch with them.

Thanks

Bill
  • Thanks for posting the pics, Mark. It was good to see you and Steve again. See you in June.