Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Visit from Fire Dept.....oops

Eric
Eric Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So ...there I was. (BTW, all good stories start w/ "So..there I was")[p]Spathcock chicken ready to go on the BGE, toss in a few soaked oak chunks to get that great smoke taste in the bird... ahh yes....the first wisp of smoke, inhale it and savor....hey....wow..., man ... this thing is putting out a lot of smoke.[p]Boy, it sure is humid here in New Orleans tonight.... not even a hint of wind, not even enough to stir the bannan palm leaves. The smoke just kind of hangs here close to the ground. Wow , who knew that just 3 fist sized chunks of oak on a bed of hot lump could put out that much smoke![p]Hey, what are those bells? Sounds like a fire alarm over at the school across the street. Gee... I hope everything is ok over there, better check it out.. but first, time to put the bird on! Now just open up the dome..... wow, cool, just like smoke signals. [p]Hey, sounds like the fire department is on the way. Wow, what fast response time. [p]Oh...cool! "Come here honey, look how cool the fire truck lights look through the smoke, you can see the light beams rotate like a light house on a foggy night. Cool! This is like a rock video"[p]
What? The door bell?[p]Oh, "Hi Mr Fireman, things under control at the school across the street?"[p]
What? [p]....Oh....[p]Yes, sir... A BBQ...actualy it is a Big Green Egg[p]No , I'm not being a smart ass sir.... no I'm not stoned. I'm cooking a chicken in a Big Green Egg, it is this ceramic cooker that is the best cooker in ..... what? Yes, chicken, spathcock chicken to be exact.[p]No... s-p-a-t-h-c-o-c-k.. it is probably the best way to.... oh never mind.[p]OH.....gee, I'm sorry that the school left a window open and the smoke set off their fire alarm... but how was I to know? [p]Ok, sir. I'll wrap it up soon, only about another 20 minutes on the bird.[p]Ok... sorry about that.. you guys stay safe![p]That was one tasty bird. Guess I owe the guys down at the fire hall some ABT and ribs![p]
When in New Orleans... check out our B&B... featuring record response times from the NOFD![p][p]

[ul][li]Our New Orleans B&B[/ul]

Comments