Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Mad Max

egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WOW what a turkey. It was the best I had ever had. My whole family loved it. The gravy, I can't even describe it. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, but for now a good night to all.
Keep on eggin!

Comments

• egghead2004,
    did i miss something. . .isn't thanksgiving thursday??/ ..heee[p]i'm thrilled it turned out so good for you. ..[p]thanks[p]max

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thursday is gonna be standing rib roast around here. The wife doesn't want a turkey, and well, you know how that goes.....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,
    i'm sure the pilgrims slaughtered a cow or two as well. . ..nothing like a nice hunk of cow. . .this is one i did a couple of weeks ago. . .i got 'prime' prime rib for about 13 bucks a pound. ..this was a nice two boner. . .covered in kosher salt and herbs de provence with some sprigs of rosemary under the fat cap. ..fantastic. . . i'll be doing another one of these for xmas dinner. . .[p]DSCN0600.jpg[p]best[p]max

Well, fer Christmas dinner, we have to have, guess what? TURKEY! Whatever, eh?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,
    LOL. ..you sure you're not from england, where they say merry birthday and happy christmas??. . .or just maybe you are a superman officiando, you know, 'from the bizzaro world', where everything is backwords?? . .heeee

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Man that looks good even 3 weeks old.[p]I'm gonna be using your method on the heritage bird I'm doing on the egg.

This was the practice turkey, a 13 pounder. Eveything came out great, except the skin was moinst and pale, that's an easy fix though. The ice on the breast worked as designed. When the breast hit 165, the thigh was around 170. [p]I'll be getting a 20 pounder for Tday. Judging by how fast 13# were eaten by 8 people, I may have to do a pork shoulder Wednesday night to Thursday just in case.[p]Later