Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Pitmasters

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Turducken, give me a freaken break, this show gets worse by the week. -RP

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Options
    It's "Survivor" with lousier sets, cheesier production values and a stupider host.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I watched about 15 minutes of the first show this season. Haven't been back. It was awful the first time around - at least the little bit of it I watched. From what I've read here, it's gotten worse. How is that possible?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Can we be done with threads about how much this show sucks?

If every person who said they hated this show could manage to actually not watch it, we'd all be better off

Do I have to start a thread about how much McDonald's chicken nuggets suck, every time I have them?

Yeesh
    :laugh:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Jeff, except you don't realize that some of the people that are on this show are friends, and we take it personally when they are eliminated for dishes that have nothing to do with BBQ. -RP
  • If the show sucks, it sucks.

If you have personal reasons to keep watching, that's fine. But how are we supposed to know that?

All I keep hearing is how much it sucks. By the same people overnover it seems.

Mother-in-law's restaurant review: "the food is horrible there. And such small portions"
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Ceramic Grill Store's "Adjustable Rig" in the Egg?
    Even if the show sucks it's cool to see Tom's baby on TV.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Clearly a joke. I almost wonder if Myron and the boys sat around tossing back shooters and talked up ideas for the show. I'm not a pro, but it's almost ridiculous that they would even want to compete in this circus. I'd have had a lot more respect to have seen someone laugh at the ringmaster, pack up and leave.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Any person or team that signs on should know it's all for TV ratings.
    I understand your point and agree but it's also nice to see pros get pushed out of their comfort zone. This forum is proof that any type of food is fair game.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • AzScott
    AzScott Posts: 309
    Options
    I actually think the show has gotten better as it's gone along. Granted, it's not traditional BBQ but once it sinks in that it is not and will not be the same format as the first it isn't bad. They are showing more and more of how things are done. Tonight I do agree about the turducken and it was one of my least favorite.

As a rookie in KCBS comps this year and as a guy that's been into food professionally I would jump at the chance to be on the show even if I was eliminated for frog legs. As a person, I would jump at the chance to be on a show where I could win 5k going against 3 competitors and possibly 100k against all the winners. Sure it sucks that teams and people we know are eliminated for side dishes but I don't think I've heard of any that said that they wouldn't do it again.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    I have only watched parts tonight between breaks in other shows and I have not watched at all in the past so I can't say better or worse.
    I do agree with all your others and will cheer you on next season.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    How can anyone get so worked up about something so stupid?
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    All I have to say is that it's a hell of a lot better than watching The Neeleys..... ;)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I think the frog leggs were a step below the TDC....
    Did turn off and went to sleep very early in show, did she do any good on the egg?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i should have been there to show dan and leah ann how to make a turduckhen lasagna!!
  • highpress
    Options
    I've only seen the show a couple times and haven't been impressed enough to watch it religously... To bad, this show has some real potential.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    i like the show, i sit back with a drink and laugh my whole way thru it :laugh: now i also like bad tv, mcdonalds, taco bell, kfc. it is what it is :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BigBadger
    Options
    Chicken Mcnuggets are absolutely awful. Seriously the worst thing they've ever made (worse than McRib).... I like 'em with Honey mustard sauce
  • BigBadger
    Options
    ...and an audience of 12.......sitting on hay-bales
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    I spent three hours at Bass pro shops lookin for a Turduckin call,Would you believe the idiot behind the counter says they don't carry any!! I'm going to Walmart.
    The show is going South fast.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    Tweev_tip wrote:
    Morro Bay Rich wrote:
    How can anyone get so worked up about something so stupid?

Are you forgetting this is the BGE forum? :laugh:

There are more drama queens on this forum than........ ummm.... can't really come up with a good one here... a little help?

Tweev, that was good :laugh:
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Yep, they showed it when Le Ann put her turducken on th egg.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Ya know. Last summer I had to take some medication for 3 months that didn't allow for drinking alcohol. After that was over my wife and a few friends asked me what was the hardest part of not drinking for that long. I said, "I didn't realize Taco Bell was so bad!"
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I haven't watched any of season 2 since the first showing. Emulating Food Network with the new format was a huge mistake. Talk about making a good show really bad....!
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    I like it also, I just know what to expect going in and watch it for what it is.

Walt
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    It,s like the two _______ ladies complaining about a restaurant they had just eaten at.

"The food was just awful it could kill ya . . . and the portions were so small!
  • Rolling Egg
    Options
    I agree. If this show sucks so bad, why watch it every week? I watch it, and so far am not that tore up about it. What I do see, that I think is better, is the fact that you see new people every week. I think that's pretty cool.
  • Rolling Egg
    Options
    Sweet!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
    I watched the first show of this season, and haven't watched it since. I even removed it from my DVR schedule. I didn't like the new format at all.
  • Braumiester
    Options
    I had it set to record all episodes, Yeah I canceled that after the 1st show. :(