Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings!

Options
Davekatz
Davekatz Posts: 763
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
wings_P10205740912101.jpg

About half the guests we had over for a deck warming party showed back up the next day, so I made up this batch of wings.

Hot Wings

6 pounds chicken wings
1 cup wing sauce (I used Suck Creek’s Medium Wing Sauce)
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper

Combine all the spices (everything but the wings and the sauce) in a small bowl. Stir to combine.

Put the wings in a large bowl and dust with about a third of the rub. Toss the wings. Add another third of the rub and toss again. Repeat with the remaining rub, making sure that all of the wings are covered with the rub.

Set a cooling rack on a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan. Lay wings out on a rack and let them sit uncovered in the refrigerator for 2 to 6 hours.

Set your grill up for a direct cook at 350°F. I use an extender of the Big Green Egg to move the grate up little further from the flames.

Arrange the wings in a single layer on the grate. Grill the wings for 20 minutes, flip and cook for another 20 minutes, or until the wings are golden brown. Mop the wings with the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes. Flip, mop and cook for another 5 minutes. Repeat one or two more times until the wings are crisp and coated in sauce.

wings_P1020569091210.jpg
Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.

Comments