Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast

Options
Jimbo
Jimbo Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have advice on how to do just a turkey breast on the egg? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    turkeybreast.jpg
    <p />Jimbo,[p]That is all I cook, A beer butt breast can be accomplished with the same results as chicken. Or you can go indirect with drip pan. Don't know what I'm going to cook this year.[p]Practice Sunday though. Have an early dinner.[p]CWM
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    turkey.jpg
    <p />Jimbo,
    heres another turkey pic of the day. I wonder how many jokers will reply on this one. I cooked this one at 350 for about 2.5 hours, indirect. I added the stuffed peppers on the last hour of cooking. Hope this helps.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Jimbo,
    I do them over a drip pan at about 325 degrees. I rub them with oil and then usually use Montreal Steak Seasoning on them. Cook until the internal temp is to your liking. If the skin is browning too much, you can always place a layer of foil over the top.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Did you brine and how, never done that but seems the thing to do.[p]CWM

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    No, I did not brine the breast but I do brine the whole birds. I actually stuffed the breasts from the bone side as to not puncture the skin. I stuffed it with a combination of diced onion, peppers hot and sweet, celery, and garlic. And while I'm at it........Happy Thanksgiving Hugs to Kaleigh, and to You and your lovely Wife.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    hey, i was really serious yesterday. ..for the life of me, i just couldn't figure out that spatchcocked bird's configuration. . .