Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dad\'s 80th birthday dinner

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was Monday but we got home late Sunday night from Pat fest so moved it to today :)
39db3eef.jpg
decided on beef tenderloin, baked spaghetti squash and baked taters :) apple pie for dessert.
5877060f.jpg
bakers and squash just rubbed with evo and salt.
350 indirect for about and hour. the squash was small. LC did this at the Pat fest and it was wonderful. scooped out and tossed with salt and pepper and butter and parm cheese.
this was the first time I have trimmed and cleaned a whole loin. it was not to bad. LOL thank goodness for u tube :) I was going to slice into steaks but decided to roast the whole thing instead.
the marinade was a ton of garlic, evo, fresh rosemary, red wine and balsamic, slat and pepper.
c42693d1.jpg
this is three of Neils heads of garlic. HUGE cloves and so very good!
ce9b75af.jpg
d48338a9.jpg
love this stick blender it has an attachment for a small chopper on it.
69927259.jpg
6a1a0512.jpg
trimmed and cleaned and the chain cut off
abceee2b.jpg
resting in the marinade.
ee6c4794.jpg
seared on all 4 sides on a hot fire then shut down and let roast to 120, 125 in a thin spot
2a21174d.jpg
perfect!
b41e4de8.jpg
ccadb559.jpg
I did not get a pic of dad LOL but we gave him a tote with cleaning stuff and a California duster for his '49 mercury at the shows. It is at the upholster having the interior finished. he should have it back this week.
816db95c.jpg
it has the same paint scheme as our truck.

Comments