Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FL Mini Fest Pics

Options
fishski Paul
fishski Paul Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few more photos from the FL Mini Fest
100_1858.jpg
100_1857.jpg
100_1855.jpg
100_1853.jpg
100_1848.jpg
100_1847.jpg
100_1846.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Great pics Paul, your gonna love your new small egg
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    All those people look vaguely familiar!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • fishski Paul
    Options
    We had a great time at the Mini Fest
    Super nice people - awesome food - the beach - the pool - the Gators won - the drinking - It's all good No???
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Absolutely!!! :laugh:
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Paul: Great pics! Fantastic to see you and Sheri again! :) Thanks for sharing, and we sure are looking forward to next year! Hope you make the Sunshine State Fest, too!
    (And nice....ummm....abs??? Ginny???? :whistle: ) :laugh:
  • Cagey
    Cagey Posts: 86
    Options
    Being a non-egger, I can say I kind of thought the crowd at the mini-fest was some sort of cult. Though in the end, it was a cult of fun loving family members who would all die for their eggs. I had a great time meeting so many of you there. Putting a face to a name. The food and friendship was great. I look forward to going a few more of these cult gatherings in the future. It was great meeting all of you.

That being said, I am going to get a large egg this week. The only question I have at this time is would you recommend getting the handler with the nest? I had intended to build my own table, but I sort of do not want to have to wait to finish the table before getting/using the egg. The only reason I am considering the handler is that the area I am going to put the egg is not flat cement, but pavers. I do not want it to fall out of the nest when it is moved. Plus moving it indoors for hurricanes would be safer in my opinion with the handler.

Cagey
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I took a pic of these two, Paul. Forgot to put it in my post, so now it's on yours.

P9113321.jpg
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Cagey: Hopefully you met most folks there, and hopefully you were welcomed appropriately. B) Bubba Tim got his first egg 14 years ago. It has always been in a nest with mates, and recently we added a handler. We now have 3 larges and a medium, all in nests with handlers, with NO complaints on this end at all! We have never missed a table. They are very easily moved! We do have the mates, too, which gives you two side areas to work from. We will build an outdoor kitchen soon, so the set ups will change, but I suspect we will always keep the nests and handlers for just such events as this past weekend. Absolutely nothing wrong with a nest and mates set up. The handler is a bonus for moving ease only. Hope this helps!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    My Large BGE was a gift from a friend.When I got it,first thought was-I GOTTA have a table.Had a guy that works for me build one and spent $700 just on the table TOP-Granite! :( Labor and materials on the framework,another $500!It is a BEAST to move.Takes AT LEAST 4 Grown MEN!Last June I cooked in a comp and bought a nest and handler($200) so the egg would be more mobile.The BGE has never been put back in the table since.It probably NEVER will be.
  • Large Marge
    Options
    sorry to hear that Hoss! And good info as I'm dying to throw out the table I bought with my egg and build something permanent. We need an engineer to design us a spring-loaded release mechanism so we can get them out of their holes (kind of like whack a mole I guess) :silly:

I did see a couple of tables that used an open hole design, so it looked like a half-circle only a little deeper, and some have built half-rectangles so front access is un-inhibited. I'm curious how easy it is with this configuration to get them out of their tables?
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Thanks for the pic's fish.

I would have never known that about Ginny and Pat. :woohoo:
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Paul, it was wonderful seeing you and Sherri! :) I expect to see you on the forum more frequently in the future.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Paul great seeing you and Sherry again...and BTW...something isn't quite right anatomically speaking about one of those pictures...I'm just saying...
    :ohmy: :blink: :laugh: :) :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :whistle:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Paul, I thought Paddy was better endowed.... :P :whistle: