Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help finding Rutland Gasket for XL

Options
SmokinSoCal
SmokinSoCal Posts: 145
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Living in LA I can't find this stuff anywhere! I need 8-9 feet of the 5/8" for my XL. I would be willing to pay extra if someone could locate it locally and send it to me. Let me know if anyone can help...

Thanks!
Todd

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I guess that being in SoCal,their aren't many fireplace stores around :) That's where I get mine.Last I checked,the 5/8" flat rope was going for $1.50 per foot.I'd be more then happy to send ya some,but it'll prolly be next weekend before I could send it :)
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Contact RRP on this forum. I expect he will fix you up with one in a hurry.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Like Rusty said. He fixed me up. I haven't installed it yet, but will when the time comes. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    you have email - it might be in your spam or junk file.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SmokinSoCal
    Options
    Got the email RRP. I was able to locate it at a local Fireplace store! However, today's a really sunny day and for the first time I am seeing the amount of fiberglass this thing let's loose. And I must say, it's a little stressful knowing that I'm cooking with it..... I have 3 little kids and it worries me some. After handling the gasket my clothing looked like a glittered shirt! Sooth my fears guys and tell me the free floating fiberglass is nothing to worry about. I installed it about 8 months ago on my large but never noticed all the stuff.
  • RRP
    Options
    Those loose fibers will fall if you shake it or even vacuum it. Then after installation use a simple butane charcoal lighter like you use to start your fire and burn the individual hair off. Actually after that with the fiber being embedded in the Permatex there should be no problem. Look closely at the other one you have been using all these months - see how compressed and tight it is?
  • SmokinSoCal
    Options
    And then it was done! Thanks to everyone! The suggestion to check a Fireplace store sealed the deal!

eggz.jpg
  • RRP
    Options
    COOL! And here's a picture of one of mine after 5 years of intense use!
    IMG_0383.jpg