Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Hummingbirds (for real)

elzbth
elzbth Posts: 2,075
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last evening in my quest to share photos of dinner and hummingbirds, I really (really) posted a subject line that was, in hindsight, one of of those "uh oh" moments. To redeem myself I have finally conquered the Photobucket glitch, and now for those lovely hummingbirds. Our feeders are very busy right now - more birds than I can count and while I'm taking pictures they are buzzing past me!! :kiss::kiss:

You will have to look closely - but he's there, on guard, perched in the crepe myrtle.

IMG_0459.jpg

Two at the feeder -

IMG_0424.jpg

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    very nice photos elzbth!..and yes, I found the one in the first pic! ;) you really should get rid of the store bought feed though..the food coloring isn't good for them...just boil up 4 parts water to 1 part sugar and let it cool..they'll flock to it like crazy and no food coloring! :blink: :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Good job on figuring that out! Love the hummers! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • I have three small (2") F-16 fighter jets dogfighting all day long. I should have 12 or so by this time of year. I've heard they're on their way.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    We all love the hummers :laugh:
  • Thanks for sharing Elizabeth! :) Hummingbirds are among my favorite birds.
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    The humming birds were really late getting in our area this year but we now have numbers much larger than average. Added another feeder on the deck yesterday and they were there in less than 5 mins.

No comment on the earlier humming bird? post. ;) Mike