Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

crown roast

Options
newsense
newsense Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was at the market today and saw a delicious-looking crown roast. It reminded me of a recipe I remember from an Eggfest a couple of years ago. Crown roast stuffed with sausage or something like that...[p]Anyone have the recipe, cooking temp/times for a large BGE?[p]Thanks

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    newsense,
    YB I`m pretty sure did a crown roast at this past Eggtoberfest, I unfortunately didnt get any of it...hopefully he, or whoever it was that did one, will chime in here...wish I could offer some advise, but I have personaaly never done one....[p]Wess

• newsense, morning guys, was it a pork crown or a lamb crown ? you more than likely know but a crown roast is the loin that has had the chine bone cut in order to be able to be formed, more often than not they are two loins put together. they are also frenched making them a quicker cook.[p]there are all kinds of different stuffings you could use but i cook them at 275-300* with cherry wood for flavor and it takes exactly 2 1/2 hrs if it is pork.[p]hope hat helps you some[p]reg

• should have mentioned that i brine the loin for 12hrs. [p]reg