Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Big of Turkey can I fit???

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How big of turkey will I be able to fit in my large size Egg?[p]Also, I noticed some other turkey posts, but was wondering whether it was better to cook the turkey horizontal versus vertical? Can you still stuff the cavity if it's vertical?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    JohnBrowning,
    last year i did a 22 pounder, in a traditional roasting pan, in my large at 325 degrees for 7 hours. . .hope that helps. . .

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    JohnBrowning,[p]Did a 20 pounder on a vert. roaster (just missed the top of the dome) couldn't have been better. Even my family wants me to take the large Egg to New Hapshire for Thanksgiving to cook on.
  • Big Murth
    Options
    JohnBrowning,
    Did a 21+ pound bird last year, on a V-rack over a big aluminum pan....just fit. I don't know, but it seems to me you'd have to remove the fire ring to get your plate setter low enough in the Egg to then set up a drip pan and Vertical roaster and not have that big Tom touching the top and or getting too close to the thermometer probe. But it sounds like others have had no problem with it. If you're doing "Beer Can Turkey", better buy a big can of Foster's!!

• JohnBrowning,[p]Two years ago did a 23 pound turkey on the large.