Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mothership Trip

tcracing
tcracing Posts: 378
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to be in the Atlanta area for the NASCAR race Labor Day weekend, and I was wondering if I should go by the mothership? Will they take you behind the scenes. Is it worth it? Should I take some extra cash? Do they ever have any good deals?
George Foreman? Who? 
Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
Large, Minimax-soon

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    It's just a warehouse with a small (maybe 800-100 sq ft) retail shop.

You'll get a chance to see all the accessories and they have a good selection of sauces and rubs.

One of the guys will likely let you take a peek in the back, but it's normally just racks full of boxes.
  • tcracing
    So, is it worth the trip?
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I guess that depends on what you hope to see/accomplish.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    It depends on whether you need something that you can't get at your local dealer. If you have a well stocked dealer they won’t have much different. I have been there 2 times and I like going there, but have to admit I was a little disappointed the first time as Fidel said it is not that big. The people that work there are great and fun to share Egg storey’s with. You will be able to see all of the Egg products they make. No special deals as that would not be fair to the dealers.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• tcracing
    I'll have some time to kill, so I guess I'll go by to say that I've been there. Plus, I might pick up some spices. Thanks.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    There is an Egg dealer just north of McDonough that has a good stock of Egg stuff, rubs, etc. Southern Patio is easy to get from the race track.

Poppasam
  • tcracing
    Where in McDonough are they located?
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    If you go to the Mothership, eat at Matthews Cafeteria in Tucker. It is really good southern food. That is worth the trip to Tucker in my opinion.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Most of us will be at the race with you. I'll be doing some sort of demo on the Coca Cola Fan stage on Saturday and Sunday. We'll also have a small display there. Stop by and say hello.
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    About three miles north on 42 highway. In a strip mall on the left if you are north bound. The mall is a stand alone and down in a hole.
    The Ladies there are Egg folks and cook often at the store.

Poppasam
  • tcracing
    Are you going to have any food samples? :laugh:
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon