Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters, et. al. ...

Options
FatDog
FatDog Posts: 164
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife and I went to the NCSU vs Ga. Tech shootout this afternoon and, since our team lost (again) we decided to salve our wounds with some fresh seafood. The missus wanted shrimp and I had the craving for some oysters so a comprimise was reached. We went to Earp's Seafood on Saunders Street in Raleigh and bought some crab cakes, shrimp and oysters. The crab cakes went into the oven, the shrimp on the stove to boil with some Zatarain's crab boil, and the oysters on the small egg with just a smidgen of apple wood (left over from this morning's chicken cook). The oysters were roasted at 300 deg - dome just until they began to pop open. A quick shucking later and the Fat Dog was eating like a big dog![p]Just thought I'd share.[p]Doc

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    FatDog,
    Well, Carolina almost found another acorn! Dang, a few more feet and we'd be in overtime. Then we would have lost. The back for Va Tech was running all over us. I did my first whole brisket (vs. flats) today. Burnt ends were tasty. The flat was the best I've done so far, I think, so not a bad day....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    FatDog,
    Man that sounds good. You can't go wrong with Zatarain's crab boil.