Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin ENDS????

WokOnMedium
WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, so I guess I was wrapped up in the fact the my grocery store was out of Italian Sausage because I grabbed a pork tenderloin. Its one of those things I pick up cuz I sleep better at night knowing that if the economy come crashing down on me, I'll be stocked up on pork...or I'm quirky as heck and its what I do. I was surprised to find my pork tenderloin in chunks...oh well, I can work with that.

Anyhoot, I had planned on ribs this evening, but after I spent 90 minutes grunting and pushing, pulling and wrestling (no gutter minds!) the bathroom faucet I had missed my window of opportunity for getting them going. Pork tenderloin and hiring a handy person are my Plan B.

Brined in a basic brine added Old Bay Seasoning and garlic. Removed, rinsed and seasoned with Tequila Lime Seasoning from Cabella's. Layed the pieces on a 400 Egg, direct and added a chunk of maple.

Made a sauce using margarita ingredients, added some orange marm (following the Cointreau theme in a top shelf margarita), and glazed the pork toward the end.

Raws for the sauce
987062678_4S3is-M.jpg

Pork pieces pulled at 150
987063621_5Crgs-M.jpg

Prolly shoulda had somethin green, but you'll notice the tomato theme.
987065501_4CQBn-L.jpg

Overall, quite good. Need to work on the sauce a bit. Still a little too acidic and tart. Maybe some more marm, maybe a little sugar, but will measure next time, and consider adding some herb....cilantro and or thyme is what I'm thinking.

987064558_VJRq8-M.jpg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Hey Staci,

Where you been girl? Saw your post earlier but haven't had time to reply.(I did ribs) Great to see ya round.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Staci, You work on that sauce. I would be pleased to eat at your table my friend!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    My sister and Beanie moved a few weeks ago...Denys lost her job and the market here isn't so good, so she moved about 3 hrs away to look for work. Most of my free time is either going to visit or Skyping with my Beanie. I'm finally starting to settle in to being a loner again. But its been an adjustment.

How about yourself? Is the Mrs keeping you in line? Is that even possible? :laugh:

Hope you are well. Keeping my eye out for a good deal on a plane ticket to Buffalo next month. I'll keep you posted!