Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carne de puerco deshebrada

'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is NOT a recipe. Looking for breakfast this morning I stumbled into the kitchen and grabbed some left over pulled pork, no sauce. Put a little oil in a CI skillet on medium high heat and added a handful of pulled pork. I took a generous slice off a half an onion and coarsely chopped it and added it to the pork. I sprinkled some cumin and some chili powder and added some water and a smatterin' of instant chicken bouillion, caldo de pollo. The pork was getting dry and sticking to the pan when I added the bouillion so I added more water. I tasted and added more chili powder and cooked/reduced it to a consistent lump, known in some circles as a wet gob. While this was being prepared I was heating a flour tortilla in another skillet. I married the two and ate my breakfast. Left over egg food changes how you eat for the better, imo. No pictures. Don't stand between a hungry fat man and breakfast, waving a camera and you'll live longer.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Where I grew up that ain't breakfast, it's going out to dinner.

Spring "Breakfast Is King" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • 'Q Bruddah
    I understand. Guess I could thrown some eggs in. My family looks at me funny, too. I sometimes eat rice and beans for breakfast, as does a majority of the world, only the spices change. Then again, I sometimes eat pancakes for dinner.

Regardless of the time of day I was pleased with how the smoky taste gently applied by the egg came through what is usually boiled in a pot. Being leftovers it was also quick.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Love that Steve!! :laugh: ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 'Q Bruddah
    coulda served tropical fruit with it!!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    B):)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE