Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great 4-2-45 minute method tailgate ribs.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been looking for great tailgate ribs since at Arrowhead we can only get in 3 hours before game time.
Saturday night:
I cooked 3 slabs of babybacks 4 hours around 215 mark, indirect of course. Foiled with 1/3 bbq sauce 2/3 apple juice indirect at same temp.[p]Took off and vac sealed while still warm. Placed in fridge.[p]Sunday:
Finished with sauce added to some for 45 minutes direct in foil. Temp around 300.
Moist, juicy and tender.[p]The Highway Partol that (should have but didn't) arrest the jacka$$ next to me really liked them.[p]CWM

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Ok, now you have us curious. You wouldn't care to elaborate about the HP and the jacka$$, would you? LOL!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Arrowhead has very strict parking policies. This guy parks in our area. I'm okay with it but other people weren't. Next thing I know, MHP shows up and politely asks him to move to his area. The f-bombs started flying and fingers were pointing. I got caught in the cross fire and I didn't care if he was there or not. The guy threatens all of us but left.
    I knew one of the MHP and he came back buy had ribs and Swamp Venom chicken. Said the guy has really been a problem all year just in different areas.[p]That is my story and I'm sticking to it.[p]CWM

• Aussie_Hugh
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]If you knew the MHP maybe you have not being doing enough 'low n slows' with the gas pedal <smile>. At least you can say you gave him a good ribbing![p]Cheers,
    Hugh.