Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Babybacks! (pic heavy)

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided I was cooking babybacks today and the people came out of the woodwork. You know, the people who say "fix me a slab and I'll buy em." So I fired up the large for 6 slabs of babybacks. I always like to do my ribs flat on the grid. I just never have liked the rib racks. Don't know why. I guess I need to give it a whirl again because six slabs is pretty tuff to get to lay flat. I rubbed them with The Slabs rub that a guy at the Kansas City BBQ store recommended one time. I've had it about a year so I figured I needed to use it up. It's pretty spicy so it's one of those rubs where a little bit will do. I couldn't resist topping them off with some Dizzy Dust for good measure ;) . I cooked them three hours at 250, one hour in foil at 250, then another hour back on the grid sauced with Blues Hog and the egg shut down completely. They were mighty good ribs as usual. Two slabs for my house, one for my mother and father, one to the father in law, one to the neighbor, and one to a guy at work. I cut the yard while I was cooking them so by the time I got done smelling them all evening my appetite was almost gone. Anyone else ever do that? Anyways here's the pics.Everyone have a good evening!
removing membrane
IMG_7430.jpg
membrane gone
IMG_7435.jpg
rubbed
IMG_7438.jpg
IMG_7439.jpg
3 on bottom
IMG_7440.jpg
3 on top
IMG_7441.jpg
3 hours in