Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket

Options
bobSTL
bobSTL Posts: 105
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Playing catch up with weekend cooks, did my first "real" brisket on Friday PM. Tried a brisket when I first got the egg, and it was shoe leather...Used Raised, indirect at 250 degrees until 200 internal. Friday night we got 2 inches of rain in a storm, my rain cap on the egg stayed in place, and the zip lock on the computer did its job. Very tasty brisket, I really enjoyed this meal.
Thanks, Bob

Grammy_97150.jpg

Comments

• Mudflap
    Mudflap Posts: 69
    Options
    Looks great! How long did it take?

And what computer do you speak of?
  • bobSTL
    bobSTL Posts: 105
    Options
    Digi Q

I use it for all my slow cooks, I take the easy way out as some say here, but I also like to play with toys ! !

My brisket was put on around 4 PM, it was beeping that it was done at 6 am the next morning, I really don't know how long it was sitting at 200 internal, because I was SLEEPING!!! :laugh: That is how good the egg is, you can sleep and it will make up for your mistakes!
    Thanks, Bob