Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie\'s Success with Blackened Grouper!!

LFGEnergy
LFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, we have eaten blackened fish for two nights in a row at my house, based on our success with blackening :woohoo: :P .

It is something I have wanted to try for many years, but was intimidated by the process. After watching Frank from Houma's YouTube Video, I worked up the courage to try blackening, and the results could not have been better!!! Below are a few pics for your entertainment.

A beautiful piece of Grouper and some really fresh shrimps.
grouperblackend004.jpg

Rubbed fish and shrimp with butter and then dusted with blackening spice. EASY PEASY!!!
grouperblackend005.jpg

Heated egg to about 500 with a small amount of oil on griddle. Griddle was purchased for $12 at Academy (and is now a favorite toy!!!). Figure about 2 minutes per side, maybe a little more.
grouperblackend009.jpg

grouperblackend007.jpg

Lets EAT!!! :laugh: :woohoo:
grouperblackend011.jpg

If above looks good, try it! Have to say it was one of the easiest cooks I have done on Egg.

Dave in Keller, Texas

Comments