Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good healthy meal for tonight?

Options
Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have any ideas of what I could cook on the egg tonight. Getting tired of chicken breast on the egg. Trying to stay away from all the fatty meals. Thanks
Mark

Comments

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Glazed pork tenderloins, sweet potatoes, and asparagus.
    Kent Madison MS
  • Mark0525
    Options
    that does sound good. I haven't tried one of those in a while. Thnaks
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Maybe not for tonight, but another night. Rabbit. So little fat, its almost hard to cook. Benefits from an overnight marinade soak, or at least a few hours in a buttermilk bath.

My current favorite method is to poach rabbit in an herbed oil at 140 - 160 F till the rabbit is about 135. Then onto the Egg for a final sear that browns it all over and even crisps the edges just a bit.
  • BBQMaven
    Options
    We cook the potatoes until they reach internal temp of 210 - which causes caramelizing and nothing is needed like butter or sugar...

The pork is glazed while cooking and we make a dipping sauce with mustard, butter, soy, brown sugar, and bourbon.

A little EVO and spices before a quick direct blast on the asparagus and your done!
    Kent Madison MS
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I shouldn't plan things when I'm this hungry. Thanks for the ideas. I would like to try rabbit but I'm not sure where to get it...lol
  • BBQMaven
    Options
    u hav to go Wabbit Hunting... and be bery bery quiet
    Kent Madison MS
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Rabbit is not the most common thing. There are only 2 places near me that I've found. There is a booth at the local farmer's market that sells them fresh, and another place next town over that often has them frozen. I've never seen them in the big chain stores.

I used to get them mail-order (I liked them that much) but the shipping was a little pricey.
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I'm going to stop at the local butcher shop on the way home from work in about 10 minutes and see if he has anything different. He might surprise me and have rabbit.