Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need ideas

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I woke up thinkiing I was going for a new hike. HA!! Yesterdays mountain climb whooped me!! My friend came by and dropped these off for me last night. I want to use them all up today. I've got pizza dough if that helps. The eggplant, maybe a saute...?

002-14.jpg

I'm brain dead but hungry. Legs feel great though... :laugh: :lol::)
Happy Sunday!!!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Good morning Molly, probably too late already to suggest any breakfast, just wanted to wish you a great sunday
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Eggplant - slice, season, and grill
    IMG_1854800x600.jpg

Tomatoes and peppers - Stuff em with italian bread crumbs, cheese, and whatever you have handy - pulled pork, seafood, chicken
    IMG_4755800x600.jpg

Whatever you do, I know it will be good :)

what time should we show up B)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Veggie FRITATTA/OMLET!!!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Beli!!
    I wish the same for you and your gals!!
    See you in 25 days!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Show up now Frank, then we can knock out the cleaning and start the egg and drinks sooner! B)
    Thanks for the ideas!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Yum!!! Thanks Hoss!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Molly,

With a few more ingredients, you could make a ratatouille.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• cookn biker
    Options
    That's what I was thinking!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Ms.
    Ms. Posts: 145
    Options
    One word:

RATATOUILLE (for tonight, though)

Here's my recipe, normally done for the wok, but I'm sure you can adapt it on the egg, if you wish.

Ingredients
    [li]all that you have, plus:[/li]
    [li]one big spanish or red onion[/li]
    [li]zucchinis[/li]
    [li]garlic[/li]
    [li]olive oil[/li]
    [li]1 laurel leaf[/li]
    [li]1 bouquet garni (store-bought or my own mix: dry thyme, dry parsley, dry summer savory, dry rosemary)[/li]
    [li]fresh basilic leaves, chopped[/li]
    [li]fresh parsley, chopped[/li]
    [li]salt and pepper, to taste[/li]

When I don't mention quantity, it's to taste, or according to what you have handy (one, two, three zucchinis, if you want, or none if you don't have them).

Method
    1. Boil the tomatoes until the skin starts to lift, and then take them out, rince them and remove the skin. Cut them in thick slices. Some people remove the seeds - I don't.

Slice the eggplant, the onion, the peppers and the zucchinis in thick slices, but don't peel them.

2. In a wok, heat up the oil. Now, this step is important: toast every vegetable in the oil, but separately. That is, toast the eggplant, then remove it and set it aside. Proceed with the zucchinis, set them aside. And so on with every different vegetable, ending with the garlic, which you will leave in the wok.

3. Put all the vegetables back in the wok, with the spices, and let it simmer for about 1 hour, covered, until the vegetables are cooked and their juice is gone.

A ratatouille is a perfect complement to any wild meat, rabbit, or veal.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    That's dinner! I've got fresh picked asian basil, thigh sized zuc and summer squash, fresh cut green onion to add. Should be refreshing!!
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Molly,

The First Mate made some Capanata, diced Eggplant, Onions, celery, Green Pepper and green Olives, simmered for about 20 mins. We put it on a, hand thrown of course, Pizza. It came out great.
    DSC_0014-4.jpg

DSC_0015-2.jpg

DSC_0016-3.jpg
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Post some pics Molly. I am kind of interested to see how a ratouille works out on the egg.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Molly,

That sound great for a nice summer Sunday supper! Try saying that 3 times fast. Have a good one.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I will.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    I vote for pasta primavera with cream sauce - just add a few more vegies, butter, seasoning, heavy cream, a little wondra, and yum! :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Teresa, you too!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Yumm!! Thanks, might do that along with ratatouille.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Sounds sinfull!
    You got mail.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Ms.
    Ms. Posts: 145
    Options
    I think I was writing up my recipe when you posted this - what a great idea! ;)