Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another craZed, Ga Mom?

Adult ADHD
Adult ADHD Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I go out this morning to crank the egg up for a brisket. :cheer: I open the lid and find no coal at all. :ohmy: When I look further down, I see it under the grid. :sick: It was the first time I had any trouble cleaning my egg. :angry:
As I struggled to clean the coals and ashes out, the thought crosses my mind that southern mothers have done too many stupid things this week: I have leave the husband and son, 22, in peace and health. :S I remind myself that my precious egg was upset so her table could finally get the finish she deserves. :) Besides I am craZy about my husband and kids and really look forward to sharing a wonderful meal with them tonight.
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Bartender. I'll have what she's having. :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    My thought's exactly!! :laugh:

Just so you know..,

I read it a coupl'a times...just to make sure!!

:huh: :huh: :huh:
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Ummmmmm, what? :huh:

:laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    You did what to who's dog? :woohoo:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Wooooooosh!!!! Right over my head, but that's not a hard feat.

Hope the meal turns out great.

GG
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Whew ... I thought it was me. I'm confused but I hope the meal is good. :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Is craZed Georgia speak for *#@%faced ? :huh:
  • Adult ADHD
    I cannot blame alcohol for the typing errors and putting too many thoughts into too few words. I can say, I had had too little coffee when I found out that cooking would not be as easy as planned.
    My IQ is above average and God has blssed me in many ways, but the ADD can truly make it hard to follow what I am saying or doing. The good Lord knows I can't spell either.
    Dinner was good! The brisket was alright, but my favorite was okra roasted with olive oil, fresh black pepper and kosher salt.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    She sobered up! :woohoo:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Don't trust nobody likes okree. Or grits for that matter. Just don't. hahahaha

S'pect I'm in big trouble now. :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Adult ADHD
    If you find your way to the Georgialina Area, your brain and tongue will defrost. At that point you will come alive to the truth... the only ones to be trusted are those drinking sweet tea while eating fried chicken, grits, and okra. :lol:
  • Carolina Q
    haha. Tongue used to be defrosted. :) Grew up in VA/NC. Can't beat sweet tea and fried chicken. Grits and okree - not so much. :lol:

Do I have to turn in my egg card now? :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Not too sure about the okra. Someone once told me spears of death (asparagus) was good too. That stuff will gag a maggot.

Reads like you are thinking faster than you can type...

No matter what we love ya anyway.

GG
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Well I'm glad you come back to speak to us. Sorry if I offended you. I didn't quit know what to say. Maybe next time I'll speak after I take a sip of my coffee and eat my fried chicken and drink my decaff iced tea I do like grits but you can keep the okra. Tim

Have a good weekend :)
  • Carolina Q
    Wait, wait, wait! Gag a maggot?! Man there ain't a vegetable alive better than fresh asparagus! Really, there isn't. Ok, maybe my Mom's green beans, but that's IT! :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Adult ADHD
    Don't worry about me. On these forms I take everything as being good natured and/or meant in humor. I have a great love of humor, look for good and try to overlook what I don't like. You are all good with me.
    Granpas Grub, You are exactly right. My thoughts go faster than my fingers or my tongue. If you come eat with me, I will cook you okra and asparagus to your satisfaction. We can borrow CarolinaQ's bike to work all those extra calories off and keep us healthy.
  • Carolina Q
    Oh, GOD, I've got her looking at my Profile!! :lol::lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Good way to look at it Renee it's when they stop having fun with you that you have to worry ;) :laugh:
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    I agree on the asparagus...don't know bout your mom's green beans but I do know that mom "ALWAYS" makes the best of everything. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Adult ADHD
    Fear Not! The stalking is over. I have learned enough to know you can't be trusted. Your handle is misleading, you don't like grits and okra, AND you have some junkie grills hanging out with your egg. I know, you know, we all know your egg deserves better. For shame- For shame- For shame. :sick: The only redeeming quality I found was the picture of your bike. How can I trust that this is actually your bike? :laugh:
    I have to go make my yank turned southern man some peach cobbler for desert.
  • Carolina Q
    You are absolutely right! I can't be trusted! :lol: But neither can anyone who likes grits and okra!!

The peach cobbler sounds good though! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut