Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ball park price of a mini?

Grumpa
Grumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Toying with the idea of adding a mini to my egg family. What is the ball park retail price on one of these with stand?

Comments

• PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    I paid $300 with the stand.
    PattyO
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Thanks Patty, that is about what I had in mind.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I ended up paying $270 with stand but that was after buying a L, M and Small, with no discount and above retail. And, the fact the dealer didn't think the mini was worth having.

GG
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I paid 238 dollars . I have a great dealer!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    $220 here in the "Land of Oz"! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Can't help with the price as I won mine(thanks Steve/Hornhonk) :laugh:
    But if the stand is very much at all, it sits fine w/o stand.I do have a stand and most of the time it is sitting on a table w/o one.
    photo-11.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Friends of mine 2 yrs ago, $199 with stand.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Don't even think about taking DOW's mini this year! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • If you get one, make sure you get it with the redesigned hinge like Mickey's. It really helps swing the dome away so you can tend to the food better. It's not a huge issue, but if you are buying new, why not?
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    229 here in the Balt area. I think the dealer just wanted to get rid of it. Of the 2 dealers in my area, both have really no requests for them. i thought that was strange, but understandable for the area.
    BTW, my wife suprised me with it for my bday back in June. It has been on 2 vacas this summer. Been having a blast with it.