Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need recommendations for what to 'Q for Thursday's tailgate:

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm tailgating with a new crew for Thursday night's GT/VT ESPN matchup... any suggestions on what to 'Q the day/night before?[p]I was thinking about doing a brisket, but that will kill my Wednesday workday... I'm still a newbie at flame management (plus... every brisket I've done, I've run out of coal 3/4 of the way through).[p]Any suggestions besides brisket? Possibly something that takes less than 6/7 hours? [p]Many thanks.

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    One of the King's Men,
    Pork loins are always a winner and they only take a couple of hours.
    Larry

• One of the King's Men,
    pit beef would be another way to go. . .only 2 - 3 hours (depending the size of the roast beef). .makes excellent sandwiches. ...you would need to be able slice the beef paper thin though (an electric deli-type slicer works best) ... [p]if you don't know what pit beef is, go to wess b's site and look at his description. . i do mine pretty much the same way. . .

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    babybacks03.jpg
    <p />One of the King's Men,
    Babybacks for Heaven's sake. You have most of the day to prepare. [p]CWM

• Buzzy
    Buzzy Posts: 29
    One of the King's Men,[p]How about some pork tenerloins and some ABT's done at the same time with a grill extender. [p]ABT's are always a hit[p]GO GA TECH.[p]Kent
  • KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    One of the King's Men,[p]I'm also voting for a pork loin. Mr. Toad's work extremely well. I will be tailgating at AMC, so let me know where you will be and I can stop by to give you an expert critique. :-)[p]Go Jackets!
  • KevinH,
    Nice to know there are some fellow Jackets on board here. When I find out where this group tailgates, I'll post accordingly. Also, if the T'loin and/or Ribs survive the RV ride from Middle GA, I'll be sure to keep a look out for you. [p]Some day I'm going to spring for a small egg for occasions like this. It would be nice to 'q on site.

• Buzzy,
    ...never done ABT's... might be a good time to start. [p]Go Jackets, indeed.

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    One of the King's Men,[p]Having been fortunate enough to try these several ways (not always on my own dime, thank God), i must tell you that you HAVE to do them with the grid extender and using a pizza screen. We have changed about every variable, and elevated with the screen has by far the best results.
  • Car Wash Mike,
    Good call, Car Wash... BTW, is that a large egg in your photo? [p]Also, it looks like part of your ribs are not "protected" by the plate setter... how do you keep these parts from buring. This is a big crew, I'll need several racks.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    babybacks01.jpg
    <p />One of the King's Men,
    That is a large. I arranged this way for a good pic. Here is how they started.[p]Rotate and flip if cooking a bunch.[p]
    CWM