Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Recipes

Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know this could generate quite a few answers, but Molly is looking for several ABT recipes. She wants to compare and do a little experimenting. Could you guys either email me your ABT recipes (if not secret) or post them or links to them here?[p]Also, she specifically wants to find the recipe for the ones we ate late saturday afternoon (around 4-ish) that were made with sweet peppers instead of hot peppers. There were also some made with shrimp in the middle. [p]The problem is, the beer I was drinking never reacted with the de-drunkify medicine that I forgot to take, and my short term memory from late in the day may be lost forever, were it not for the photos.[p]I have a picture of the guy who had the great ABT's that molly gave me, and even though I am in the picture, I can't remember his name. Can someone please help me?[p]640Dsc05900.jpg

Comments

• Mark Backer,
    Sounds like you had a hell of an afternoon!!!

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Mark Backer,
    Possibilities are endless...... let yourself get carried away.
    I recently stuffed with ham and swiss. Wrapped in bacon and dipped in a holidaise sauce..... gooood stuff....

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Mark Backer
    egghead2004,[p]In a word: yeah. Plus, you have to add in that we went home to watch the Auburn-arkansas game with some folks, then the Cup race and, well, you get the idea.[p](saying never again here would be pointless...)
  • Mark Backer,
    we like sweet ones.. .what i do is get sweet banana peppers or regular bell peppers, cut them so that they are 'troughs'. . .i take one brick of cream cheese, combine with one pound of shredded crabmeat. . mix in a little dizzy pig raging river rub. . .smear in the troughs, wrap with a slice of prociutto... do em on the egg indirect at around 350 degrees for about 40 minutes (don't worry, they'll hold up fine). .. really good. ..

• mark
    whoops, here is a picture of the ones we did up in new holland for the chef's choice category, didn't win anything, but they sure were good. ..[p]DSCN0444.jpg

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer,[p]Just so you guys don't think I'm totally slack, I am currently going thru the archives to look for recipes as well. [p]I even read where in 2002 (I believe) WessB had some trouble burning the bacon on the bottom while not getting it crispy on top. [p]
  • 33%3B83%3A2723232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3Dxroqdf%3E2323378967753ot1lsi
    <p />Mark Backer,
    Molly Shark already has my recipe from the Texas Eggfest but here it is again.[p]My favorite ABT recipe is to stuff jalapeno's with cream cheese and Little Smokey cocktail sausages, wrap in thin-sliced bacon, pin with a toothpick, cook direct (closed bottom vent) at 350° for about 30 to 35 minutes. Rotate/flip every now and then.

Here's a photo of what mine look like on the inside. [p]Very tasty. Excellent party snack, especially when cut into smaller toothpick bite size.

Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA [p]

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Mark Backer,
    I use anaheim peppers stuffed with taco seasoned meat and taco cheese wrapped in bacon. Cooked direct but on the grate extender at 350. The size of the pepper makes it easy to stuff,

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Mark Backer,[p]Here are a couple of variations:[p]Pizza
    Cream cheese, mozzarella, garlic, onion & artichoke (minced) for the filling,
    topped with pepperoni, wrapped in bacon.[p]Garlic Chicken
    Cream cheese, bleu cheese, chopped smoked chicken, minced garlic for the filling,
    wrapped in bacon.[p]Elvis
    Peanut butter for filling, topped with banana with sprinkle of sugar, wrapped in bacon.[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Spring Chicken,his attractive wife is another "Molly". She won a BGE drawing at E'fest and got through 500 people in about 10 seconds to recover her prize. (If you do not collect in short order, BGE draws another winner for your prize).You have to move fast or lose what you won. Everybody was glad to see her win, another enthusastic EGGER!!

• thirdeye,[p]Dude!!! Peanut Butter and Banana!!!!! OMG!![p]The wife hates bananas and does not care much for the big PB.[p]Me? I like BLT's - but a PBB is mighty tasty. Turkey sammich - with PB. PB and banana sammich, oh yes. Now we're talking.[p]Have to give those a try. Thanks.[p]LVM

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Wardster, The same day you posted the recipe, I gave it a try. It was a good idea and a great twist. I did not do the hollandaise though. I needed to walk an extra mile to earn the hollandaise.

• Mark Backer,
    I've tried several, most good, always edible. My best summertime version this year was with lamb. Take half to one pound lamb, depending upon how many ABT's you want to make, mixed in rosemary, thyme, mint, black pepper, about 3/4 cup feta cheese. Precook the lamb, with all the seasonings except the crumbled feta, of course. I don't really know how much seasonings I used, I usually just toss in a few healthy sprigs/handful of leaves each. I also used some Greek seasonings, about 1-2 tablespoons Penzey's seasonings. Stuff & then proceed to wrap in bacon & you know the rest of the story....came out real good....provided you like greek/gyros.

• Mark Backer
    Martini Mark in MSP,[p]
    I freaking LOVE gyros!! Can't wait until mrs. backer gets a hold of this recipe!! [p]Thanks.

• Buzzy
    Buzzy Posts: 29
    Mark Backer,
    The guy was me. Sorry I didn't respond sooner-baseball is getting to me.[p]The peppers I used were the VineSweet Mini peppers by Masters Touch. Try www.masterstouch.com. I got them at Costco.[p]I used these peppers with whipped creme cheese and a Little smokies sausage wrapped with Hormel Black Label Bacon and a sprinkeling of Dizzy Pig's Dizzy Dust. I have also used the thick Costco Brand bacon. [p]Cooked indirect at about 350° for about 35-45 minutes. [p]I'm glad you enjoyed them and I enjoyed meeting you and your wife.[p]Kent

• Mark Backer,
    Well, just give a shout out to any of us here on the forum & we will all do our best to offer any help & hope.....that's what makes this group so fun.....