Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food beer and sports

egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, so this post is not directly related to the BGE, but I did eat leftover spare ribs from last night cooked on my large BGE, so I think I have clearence to make the following statement................................................................................GO RED SOX, YOU WILL MAKE HISTORY AGAIN TOMORROW NIGHT BY COMING BACK FROM 0-3 TO WIN FOUR STRAIGHT AND MAKE IT TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!! YEEEEHHHAAAAWWWW[p]btw i DRANK BEER SO MY SUBJECT IS RELAVENT.....(SPELLING?)

Comments

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    egghead2004,[p]I couldn't agree more!!! I just wanted the Sox to stand up and play with the pride they've shown all year. [p]Now, I want them to do what Schilling said at the start of the series and what he did last night:[p]Make 55,000 New Yorkers be quiet![p]GO SOX!!!!!
  • Mark Backer,[p]Well, Shilling made ONE Yankee fan shut up..........MY WIFE! I dont' know what ever made me marry a Yankee fan.....it makes for very interesting Octobers in our house (I'm a Red Sox fan of course). Her New York mouth was on fire all weekend......the fire has BEEN DOUSED![p]ONE more game!!!!! GO SOX!!!!!!!![p]Cooking up some planked salmon and grilled veggies for the game........washed down with a few Sam Adams's with BUD chasers!
  • Mark Backer
    Midnight Smoker,[p]ah, old school drinking. A couple expensive beers followed by swill. [p]We used to frontload with moosehead and chase it with Old Milwaukee. [p]Tell your wife it could, COULD, be a long cold Pinstripeless winter for her. [p]Go Sox indeed...[p]
    [ul][li]Go Sox!![/ul]
  • Midnight Smoker,
    first let me preface this by saying that i absolutely HATE all new york teams. .. .[p]that having been said, you HAVE TO know in your heart of hearts, that this is all just a big tease. .. sometime in the ninth inning (or later) tonight, the ghost of ruth will emerge from the monuments behind the center field wall, and wreck some sort of devious mischive on your beloved sox. . ..maybe a passed ball by the catcher, or a grounder through someones feet (ah, poor bill buckner), or worse, after a night in which the umps made two trememdous (and correct mind you) reversals, they will somehow manager to turn an out into a hit, or worse, and the red sox will once again be going home to clean out their lockers and start cleaning their golf clubs. . ..[p]i want them to win as much as anyone, but not being from boston, i am able to see much more clearly than you poor boys. . . [p]sorry, i'm just telling it like it is. . .

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    egghead2004, i will be lighting my lump tonight with a ticket stub from the june 19, 2000 game. 22-1 loss to the yankees. i think lobster would be appropriate. GO SOX

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • egghead2004,[p]There needs to be a voice of reasonm in this thread and I guess that it will be me - a YANKEE fan all my life - 47 years worth. We all knew it would go 7 games but who would have guessed we would get there this way! My hat is off to the Red Sox for an amazing comeback. However, my YANKEE hat is over my heart where it will forever be!!!! How 'bout dem Yanks?[p]
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Mark Backer,
    moosehead was your 'expensive' quality beer?[p]holy cr*p![p]another thing to come out of boston, Samuel Adams

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mark Backer
    stike,[p]Well sure. In high school. Moosehead was Cristal back then. [p]One other reason I love boston is samuel adams. Really, I can only think of three reasons not to live there:[p]traffic
    7 months of winter
    cost o' housing[p]oh, and a fourth:[p]so darned close to NY and their hated yankees!!

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    egghead2004,
    I need sleep. These long games are killing me.
    This series reminds me of the 1997 World Series with Cleveland. I hope that it goes better for Boston then it did for Cleveland.
    I feel like I am hanging on every pitch.
    R&J[p]

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    egghead2004,[p]Man I live and die with both the Red Sox and Cubs (so I die a lot more than I live).[p]I'll be pulling for them - I think it is time for a Manny hot streak.[p]Jethro
  • RhumAndJerk,
    This is quite the series. I have never seen games as intense as 4 and 5.