Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggotberfest 04 Pics

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK gang...the pics are in the "Fests" section, as I stated before our camera died around noon so we missed a lot....I wish to ask anyone who can help me fill in the missing names to please e mail me the pic name (properties) and any info I can add, and I will GLADLY update it...as you can probably tell I was fairly well diluted, and it was so crowded I missed well more than half the food, and obviously more names than that...Also if you encounter any problems with any of it, please let me know, I had a hell of a time gettin it posted after all the work of getting the pages made, so there may be issues......ENJOY..[p]Wess
[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]

Comments

• WessB
    WessB,
    By the way...its the "Eggtoberfest 04" not the "Eggfest 04" link...Sorry...[p]Wess

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    WessB,
    Thanks a bunch for more pics. I have met drbbq, papaQ, Shotgun Fred and his side kick, and the Dizzy Pig Team.
    If there is more and I forgot, I apologize? [p]I have to find a way to get there next year.[p]One giantic weekend in Hotlanta is worth working the other 51.[p]CWM

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    WessB,[p]Great shots Wess! I'm feeling much better today. How bout you?[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Great job, Wess. Glad you guys made it home in one piece.[p]Awwwwright![p]Puj
  • WessB
    GrillMeister,
    Sunday was pretty foggy most of the day,and I aint talkikn bout the weather..LOL..definately better now...lookin forward to next time.[p]Wess

• WessB
    Puj,
    I really enjoyed the time spent with you and the Mrs. Really do hope you guys can make Waldorf this year. [p]Wess

• WessB,
    Hi, I saw the Xlarge prototype in one of the photos. Any idea on the deminsions & projected cost. Enjoyed the photos, thanks.

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    adbruce,[p]I think what I heard was that it's 24 inches across (either that or 22 inches...I can't recall) and the word has been that it'd be about a grand. [p]It is an enormous piece of equipment, that's for sure. I saw one in action all day saturday as Nature boy was doing his dizzypig thing on one, and it was amazing how much stuff it held. [p]He was cooking piles of chicken bigger than I've ever seen NOT in a smoker pulled by a truck.

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Mark Backer,
    It did look to be about 24 inches, a real monster. A thousand dollar price tag I'm going to have to think about.
    Thanks,
    bruce

• Mark Backer
    badbruce,[p]You already have all of the accessories except the cover...right? I mean, what's a grand when it's the only thing keeping you apart from the biggest, baddest ceramic cooker on the planet?[p]
  • WessB, I tried numerous times and ways to view your pics from Eggtoberfest, but was unable to open any of them. Can you offer any assistance?

• badbruce
    Mark Backer,
    I have most of the accessories & continue to add.
    I guess I'm just getting cheap in my old age.

• Mark Backer
    badbruce,[p]I was just goofing. I am working out the details to get a small to go with my large as well as a table. [p]It's all an addiction just the same...
  • badbruce
    Mark Backer,
    So was I. I'm thinking of a second large, accessories are interchangeable, doubles my cooking space. The large alone is not really big enough for gatherings.
    Addiction? or the Cult of the Green Goddess?

• Mark Backer
    badbruce,[p]Cult...addiction...what's the difference when what you cook makes your friends and neighbors green wiht envy?[p]I actually spent a good deal of time talking about my next egg at the fest. Because my brother in law lives directly across the street and also has a large, I was advised by many folks to get a small for my day to day cooks. [p]That's what we're gonna do. We just have to pick the right table and / or plans and go from there.[p]I am as excited about getting my second egg as I was about getting my first...and maybe more.[p]How great is that?
  • badbruce
    Mark Backer,
    I know you'll have fun.
    Ever thought about building your table?[p]

• WessB
    Tim H.,
    I havent hear this from anyone else...were you able to see any of the other fests and only have a problem with the new one ( Eggtoberfest 04 ) ????[p]Wess

• WessB
    adbruce,
    That is not a prototype, just for the record......they are starting production, but at this time are not available from your dealers..YET.....24" cooking grid, roughly 200#, estimated retail price of $900...HTH...The thing is HUGE...[p]
    Wess

• Mark Backer
    badbruce,[p]
    Actually...yes. I am almost functionally retarded with tools though. Seeing WessB's hut might as well be the sistine chapel. Heck, Naked Whiz's table plans look like the sistine chapel to me. [p]But I do want to try it. I would like one that's a little bigger than the short table, but a little shorter than the long. I only want the large in the table...I think. [p]Then again, I might like a table a tick longer than the big one so I can put the large AND small in the same table.[p]I know reading the instructions that it should be not to hard, but I'm the guy who ends up having to take apart stuff he bought at target because he did it wrong.[p]Wanna come over and help me with it?

• Mark Backer
    WessB,[p]Doing rough math here at my desk, the new one has over 450 sq. inches of cooking area, while the Large BGE has a little over 250 sq. inches. That's a MUCH bigger egg.
  • badbruce
    Mark Backer,
    I'm on the left coast, travel time would be a killer.
    But if you need online help be more than glad to.
    Off to the lumber company. CYA

• Mark Backer
    badbruce,[p]If you're heading to the lumber company, just buy what I need and ship it to me. I'll get someone here in the ATL to come over and help me.
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    WessB:[p]Thanks for the pictures and it was good to see you and Sally. Tim could be having problems with his Internet security blocking access to the pictures.
    [/b]
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Mark Backer,
    The offer from the fest still stands. Grab the lumber and bring it over here to my place. I've got a 1400 sf shop on the back of my property with just about every tool you could possibly need for woodworking, from a Unisaw to a Shaper to a Lathe and everything in between.[p]I've been woodworking as long as I have been egging and am currently building the cabinets for my Kitchen, Dining Room, and a Bedroom.[p]So come on down and let's build!!

• Mark Backer
    Bobby-Q,[p]That offer sounds too good to pass up. I would certainly be happier if I built my own rather than buying one. I was just re-perusing the Whiz's plans to see what I would need. [p]Actually, if I just get the BGE plans, can we use those and maybe customize a bit? [p]How far are you from suwanee anyway?
  • WessB
    Bobby-Q,
    Thats one hell of an offer, from one who knows a "little" about woodworking you are definately giving of yourself....Looks like the spirit of the Egg and the Egg Family is in you, congrats, be proud, its nice to see people get along. It was great to meet you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future....[p]Wess

• Bobby-Q
    Mark Backer,
    You can use whichever plans you want, or no plans at all and we'll just go from what you want.[p]I'm about 5 minutes from the 57th fighter group where the fest was.[p]Just e-mail me to work out the details or you can just reply to the one I sent to you yesterday...lol.

• Bobby-Q
    WessB,
    It wasn't hard at all to get along with those 2, they are a lot like you and Sally, we're all part of the egg family.[p]Besides I'm not offering to go all crazy like you and Sally did on your beautiful back yard kitchen (Tiki Hut). I figure it will take about a weekend or so to build it, and that should include beer and egging time.[p]Just depends on how "fancy" he wants it. We can make it out of Pressure treated 2x4s or out of Mahogany with Raised Panel doors. That's the fun of the shop..whatever you want, within reason, you can me it in there.[p]If I had known you were a woodworking enthusiast we could have snuck off for a few and I would have given you the 25 cent tour.

• Mark Backer
    Bobby-Q,[p]I'll email you when I get home tonight and we can talk further. This is indeed a very kind offer and I'm sure the combination of not paying retail plus me learning something AND expanding our egg family would please the wife to no end. maybe we'll bring lauren too so she can run around the shop touching stuff she isn't supposed to...[p]LOL[p]Thanks again.
  • WessB, I can't figure out whats going on. I am able to view the other pics(on the forum) but none from your site. Whenever I try to open a pic, this warning pops up.
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /Allfests/Eggtoberfest04/04tbrf1.jpg on this server.[p]Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. [p]

[p]Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.wessb.com Port 80