Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trade-In

Options
tcracing
tcracing Posts: 378
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hind sight being what it is, I probably would have been better served buying a large. Do most dealers accept trade-ins? Or will I be better served buying a large and trying to sell my medium. I think keeping both might be out of the question(wife-no, me-yes). Any help would be appreciated.
George Foreman? Who? 
Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
Large, Minimax-soon

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    tcracing,

Your best option is keep the medium and get a large. Make really good stuff and when your wife wants to have a party tell her you don't have the space. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Buy the large and then try to sell the medium. Then if it doesn't sell you are all set. ;)
  • tcracing
    Options
    The other problem I have is that you can't fit three chickens on the medium. I see that you can remove the fire ring to do a turkey, but could you do it for more dome space for chickens.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • tcracing
    Options
    I'll be happy, but the wife would be a little upset.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Trade her in for a new model. :P
  • tcracing
    Options
    Ya, right. I just got this one broken in.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    The ask for forgiveness and not for permission principle would work well here
  • tcracing
    Options
    Yes it would, but the Eggs and I might be in the doghouse for a week or two.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Ah, things you can say about your egg that you can't say about your wife. I love this thread!
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Revolution is a great brand of flea protection!
  • tcracing
    Options
    At least I would have something to cook on.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I have fit 4 chicks on my medium. How did you set yours in?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • tcracing
    Options
    I've tried to set them up in the vertical stands indirect with platesetter, but I only had room for one.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Lovenbrau
    Lovenbrau Posts: 307
    Options
    Buy the large and put the medium on Craigslist at an outrageous price because you have seasoned it! If it does not sell then you can at least say you tried. If you get the price then buy a second large! Worth a shot. Cheers.
  • tcracing
    Options
    Thanks for all the good ideas.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Not sure why that is. You should be able to stuff at least four if not five. Depanding on size.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • tcracing
    Options
    Do you take out the firering and set the platesetter on the firebox?
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Nope, just stuff them in there and they will be terrific!! Guaranteed!! Vertical.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • tcracing
    Options
    I guess I'm buying chickens on sterriods(4 to 4 1/2 lb.).
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Me too. You can do it!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • tcracing
    Options
    Thanks, and I'll give it a try this week-end and maybe take some pictures.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :silly: That is exactly what I was thinking!!! (remind you, this is coming from a woman! :) ) Me thinks tcracing needs to do a bit more cooking on the Egg for the wife and her family. :silly: :laugh: :laugh: :whistle: She'll be sold in no time. B) :laugh:
  • tcracing
    Options
    So true, so true.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    It depends on the dealer. If they sell a lot of Eggs, have weekend cookouts on their own Eggs, you've got a good chance of them taking a trade-in. If they just have one or two Eggs sitting in the corner so maybe people will ask about them, chances are not so good.

My first BGE was a medium.
    I was in the dealership and commented that I had had it exactly one year, and the only complaint I had was that it wasn't a large.
    The salesman offered me a full refund against a new large!
    Two hours later I was on my way home with my new LG BGE, and a few new accessories.