Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first time user

Options
tugboat
tugboat Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happyest bday ever.I got an xlg egg for my 50th bday yesterday.My brother-in-law brought over a gift called a turducken.This is a turkey deboned and stuffed with a deboned duck,chicken,cajun rice and shrimp stuffing.
This was my first ever expierence with a big green egg.
I am impressed with the performance of this grill.There is no limit to what you can do with it.The turducken was out of this world.
I am open for sugestions for my next meal.Would love to hear about some of your faverate creations.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    tugboat, Welcome to the forum. ;) Great to hear your first cook was a successful one. You will enjoy your egg and it has a lifetime warranty so be sure to get all that info. Tim ;)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome to our world Tugboat.
    Your cook sounds good....
    Keep on the forum and you will find unlimited things for the egg.
    Go to: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com
    for things for the egg.
    Keep in mind, "Got to take pictures and post them"..
    We like pictures.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Welcome Tug!! Congrats on your gift!! We like pictures! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Mickey, we tied! :woohoo:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Are you going to be able to make Plano?
    How about you Molly- please try.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    Options
    Congrats!
    Your life will never be the same. B)
    It's kinda hard to tell you what to cook.
    You'll see daily pics to get ideas.
    Next time you're in the grocery store, buy something that looks good to you and ask the forum for ideas.
    We do request 24 hours notice for all recipe ideas ;)
    Look at the recipes under "cookbook" above.
    Best of Luck to you and your XL!!
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Hey Mickey, I don't plan on it. I just got an email from the people putting on the fest at Indianapolis and I can't. Sorry I have been out of work and have just recently have gotten into the lawn mowing business. So now I need to make hay while the sun is shinning. Tim :unsure:
  • Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    Options
    I didn't finish answering your question...
    Favorite cooks (other than the usual steak, chicken breasts and shrimp) include Mac n Cheese, Artichoke Parmesan Dip, Tostitos Scoops stuffed with taco meat n cheese and Stromboli. Here's a Mac n Cheese link:
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=707232&catid=1#
    Best of Luck again!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Peer presure everywhere Mickey. We had discusions yesterday. Time will tell.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    I would have loved to have seen a photo of a slice of your turducken. That had to have been absollutley delicious! Welcome :) .