Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Nature Boy,,,OT but...

Options
bayouegger
bayouegger Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Chris,

Sorry if I've missed a post about this or it's somewhere else but did you ever finish your outdoor kitchen? If so, got any updated pictures?

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hey Steve. After we built the patio and the retaining walls, and had the posts put in for the pavillion, we ran into the same problem as a lot of folks these days...lack of funds.

I hope to order materials to build the roof soon, then once that's in I'll start visualizing the setup. We have been cooking down there with an portable canopy set up, and the beds in the retaining walls are full of herbs, peppers and tomatoes. So it has been getting some use. Had a few buds over the other day and we pretended it was done!

PatioNow.jpg

Hope all is well down yonder.
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Well, we all need to buy vast quantities of Dizzy Pig rubs so you can have a decent roof over your head! :lol:
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    Chris, know all too well about the lack of funds. I would love to have mine as far along as yours.

Still looks great!

Steve
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks mang. I really hope to get going this fall if winter doesn't come in too quick. Only problem now besides the funds is the big poplar tree (behind the XL in the picture) took a hit from our fire. It's been struggling to come back for a few years, then I stomped on it's roots putting the patio in. Still alive, but the leaves are much smaller than a healthy tree and it may have to come out. There is a hickory and a white oak growing right next to it if it needs to come out, but it's not lookin good. That's one big mug, and wouldn't doubt if the tippy top was at 100 feet.

Ramblin, but hopin' you get going on yours as well.
    Gotta get packin for taking my 15 year old girls and two of their friends camping. Beers to you.

Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Yall are doin' just fine.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com